Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LXi Radiators and CAC's
10-02-2014, 23:02 (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 23:19 by rrueckwald.)
RE: LXi Radiators and CAC's
Well, here's the whole story. When my friend (newbee) got here from Ann Arbor, I noticed soot on the engine compartment front bulkhead. A mirror on a long stick identified a 2" diameter whole after the first turn in the exhaust tube. Had there been long steep hills, he would probably have lost the bus to fire. Lucky. I helped him order tubes and muffler, and find a local truck shop that would do the job. The shop discovered the rad damage, but said nothing is leaking. The decision today was to install the exhaust system and get to Florida where there is more time to find CAC and rad parts, rather than get stuck here for 4 or 5 weeks and get into snow, ice, and salt.

So the pressure is off the CAC and rad for the moment. When we all get to Florida I'll help him get this underway, probably at Parliamant, or Coachcraft in Georgia if it gets too flakey. The parts info is crucial, so thanks for the info. Don't know why I couldn't find it. I'll post a picture of the 180 degree tube and the hole maybe tomorrow when I get over there.

(10-02-2014 20:16)al perna Wrote:  Ron ,

when Albert, the PO had the Rad & CAC done in 2011 it was 13k ouch !!

Al, I think he got ripped.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
LXi Radiators and CAC's - rrueckwald - 10-02-2014, 04:09
RE: LXi Radiators and CAC's - rrueckwald - 10-02-2014 23:02
RE: LXi Radiators and CAC's - jwm470 - 09-03-2015, 12:13

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)