Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW BUS !! David is on the way home .
05-01-2014, 12:11 (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 13:33 by davidbrady.)
RE: NEW BUS !! David is on the way home .
(05-01-2014 09:46)dentmac Wrote:  Fabulous,
"all ac loads pass through inverters " ?? Cruisaires too? Or like in the 450, just 2 of them. What size Alternator(s)?Electric remote management looks great too.
Robust front end! IFS without Ball joints. My dream. Do rails go to bumper? Prevost passes front end impact rules unlike 450,s.
Load her up. Have fun.

Hey Ross,

Yes, all four Cruisaires too; in fact, everything, all 120/240VAC house loads. The S60 50DN will power 2 Cruiseairs thru the Trace 4000W inverters as long as each inverter is powering only 1 Cruiseair. We motored thru Death Valley with ambient temps of over 100 deg F and the coach stayed cool. The alternator is 300A at 24V.

As you've noticed the IFS kingpin design eliminates z-axis rotation at the upper and lower ball joints. The lower ball joint is simply a ball and socket with a rubber bushing attached to both surfaces. No grease fittings, x-axis rotation is provided by the shear of the rubber bushing itself. Also, the dead weight of the vehicle is supported directly thru the kingpin into the air spring and into the chassis. The upper and lower control arms act primarily as lateral locating members.

İmage İmage

I'll have to take a pic of the front structure to see about crash protection. Stay tuned! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW BUS !! David is on the way home . - davidbrady - 05-01-2014 12:11

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)