Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW BUS !! David is on the way home .
04-29-2014, 00:33 (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 14:41 by travelite.)
RE: NEW BUS !! David is on the way home .
(04-28-2014 22:58)al perna Wrote:  David, how was your fuel economy ? also curious about the fresh water and holding tank capacities . would love to get your opinion on the conversion when compared to the Marathons and Liberties of the world . again awesome ride Smile

7.1 mpg over 4K miles, and I verified this number using gallons pumped, miles driven, and pencil and paper. 170 gallon fresh, 81 gallon black, and 81 gallon grey.

It's difficult to be choosy about converters. The trouble is that there weren't that many built of any converter. I think Vantare converted maybe 800 coaches, Marathon maybe 1200, and Liberty about the same. These things are as rare as Wanderlodges. If you narrow your choice down to a particular year then at a given time you may only find one of each on the market.

Vantare suits me very well, but I'm sure I'd be very happy with a Marathon, Liberty, Parliament, Millennium, or most of the others. Some of the Vantare conversion highlights that resonate with me include:

1) Aquahot,
2) All 120VAC loads pass thru the inverters, the user has a choice as to what gets power,
3) Bedroom super slide which allows for a true king size bed - the kids love to crawl into bed with us and to watch movies with mom,
4) H3 conversions - most of the H3's out there are Vantare's; I prefer the H3 chassis for a family of 5,
5) No air use in the house, all articulating components (pocket doors, extendable table and dinette booth, dump valves) are electrically driven,
6) Proprietary AMX controls are limited to only the audio/visual systems and can be completely discarded,
7) Generator placement and air bag mounted,
8) Cruiseairs,
9) Simple, clean, business-like interior,
10) Positive locking latches on all cabinet doors and drawers, and
11) On my coach in particular: 365 steer/tag tires, hub centric wheels, and 18K lb steer axle, all spec-ed by Vantare.

Coming from a BlueBird, the Vantare feels very natural. It has a common sense approach that appeals to me, but I'm sure I'd be happy with any of the others; after all, it's the chassis we're after.

(04-28-2014 19:01)ernie ekberg Wrote:  very nice, happy for you guys

Thanks Ernie! I appreciate it! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW BUS !! David is on the way home . - davidbrady - 04-29-2014 00:33

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)