Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Aug 28-Sept 1, 2014
03-17-2014, 19:13 (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 19:14 by davidbrady.)
Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Aug 28-Sept 1, 2014
Folks,

Let's talk about our 2014 Wanderlodge Gurus Rally. In the title you can see I penciled in some dates. There are a handful of rallies which we need to work around so bringing ours in to late summer may be the best option, but I'm open to suggestions. Here's a list of Rallies in that time-frame that some may want to attend:

FMCA Eastern Area Rally in Ashville Rally: September 24 to 28, 2014,
Hershey Rally -- October 6 to 12, 2014,
Rome, GA Rally – October 16 to 19, 2014 (Vintage Bird Annual Meeting),
WOG Rally – October 22 to 26, 2014,
Blue Bird Rally – October 28 to November 2, 2014 (Blue Bird Annual Meeting).

Because of familial obligations I need to host the rally close to my childrens' school. This means either Rutledge Lakes Campground or Bear Creek Campground. Both are convenient to downtown Asheville and both will allow me to also assume my Dad role! I'll swing by Bear Creek to check out the accommodations. We know Rutledge fairly well since our 2013 WaGu rally was hosted there. If anyone has the inside scoop on Bear Creek, by all means speak up! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2014, 23:35
RE: Wanderlodge Gurus Rally in Asheville NC, Aug 28-Sept 1, 2014
While neither of the 2 parks have a stellar rating on rvparkreviews.com, Rutledge has a slightly better one and we know what it's like. They also state Bear Creek is NOT big rig friendly. Given this is Labor Day weekend, we'll want to make reservations rather soon to ensure we have spaces to accommodate us then. There are a bunch of other campgrounds I found through google, but most had no ratings at all It would be very tough to select one without eyes on. Too much extraneous work for David to do!

As a real plus, the Hendersonville Apple Festival goes on this weekend, about 14 miles away, so that should be quite entertaining. North Carolina is the 7th largest apple producer in the country and Henderson county produces 65% of those. Yum, Yum!!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-18-2014, 21:42
(03-17-2014 23:35)Arcticdude Wrote:  While neither of the 2 parks have a stellar rating on rvparkreviews.com, Rutledge has a slightly better one and we know what it's like. They also state Bear Creek is NOT big rig friendly. Given this is Labor Day weekend, we'll want to make reservations rather soon to ensure we have spaces to accommodate us then. There are a bunch of other campgrounds I found through google, but most had no ratings at all It would be very tough to select one without eyes on. Too much extraneous work for David to do!

As a real plus, the Hendersonville Apple Festival goes on this weekend, about 14 miles away, so that should be quite entertaining. North Carolina is the 7th largest apple producer in the country and Henderson county produces 65% of those. Yum, Yum!!
David
We will be returning from the West coast about that time. Sue and I would keep up update on our progress. Should be a great rally, you may want to invite Tom and Jon from the PC group.

Hisham and Sue Amaral
2004 Prevost XL2 Marathon (sold)
2003 Liberty H3-45 2 slide
Titusville, Florida
248-935-5390
03-19-2014, 23:08 (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 23:09 by davidbrady.)
(03-18-2014 21:42)Hisham Amaral Wrote:  David
We will be returning from the West coast about that time. Sue and I would keep up update on our progress. Should be a great rally, you may want to invite Tom and Jon from the PC group.

That sounds great Hish, Suzana and I would very much enjoy your company. Tom and Jon are both members of WaGu and are more than welcome! Whether we open it up to a wider audience really depends on the response we get here. Last year we had 6 coaches which made impromptu dinners and events very easy. I'd like to keep it smallish but at this point I'm open to possibilities! Hope to see you there, but I hope to see you sooner than that! Smile

david brady,

03-23-2014, 12:53
Don t forget the Lazoom Bus Tour Smile this is must do and fill up fast as we know .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
06-23-2014, 23:20
So any further news on the rally? Are we headed back to the same park? Aug 28th is still good for everybody? Mr. Krabby is ready to see his new coach!!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
06-23-2014, 23:47
Yessiree Mr Krabs! August 28th at Rutledge. I better get over there to make sure they can still handle all two hundred of us! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

david brady,

06-23-2014, 23:56
Let us know when they're ready for reservations! I hear there's some good tomato jelly there in A-town!! Have to try that!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
06-27-2014, 15:50 (This post was last modified: 06-27-2014 15:52 by Deb N Randy.)
Oh well, we'll be in Asheville a month early it seems.
--Randy

Turner's on Tour
'97 Wanderlodge 43'
Full-timers originally from Wilmington, NC

08-06-2014, 18:06
So who's up for a rally???? I'm getting itching for a ride!!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)