Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tell me where the structural integrity is-
02-25-2014, 20:19
RE: Tell me where the structural integrity is-
The M380 does not have an EGR. Perhaps because the engines were all made in 2002.

A comment was made about Newells being aluminum, which is true also of the M380. I do not doubt that my old 90WB would handle a rollover better than my M380, so I guess I will just have to not roll it over Smile

Seriously, though, neither a Newell nor an M380 is going to blow apart like a coach where the walls are built by vacu-forming a sandwich of fiberglass, 1x1 aluminum framing, and a tyan-board inner wall, with some foam sheet inbetween. Stand that up, bolt it to the floor, and hold it all up using the internal walls and cabinets.

By comparison, I have 1x2 stainless ribbing acting as studs, then everything added to it like a stick-built house. Another example of differences is that the floor of the bays are stainless, while they are usually not metal on a standard coach or are simple sheet metal. I've seen some examples where everything has rotted or corroded.

The biggest risk in an M380 apparently is fire in the exhaust stack. I don't want to downplay that, but all of the pictures of the handful of coaches that have burned show that they still have structural integrity. Would not be the case with an all-fiberglass coach.

Don Bradner
2004 M380 Double Slide
1990 WB "Blue Thunder" Sold
My Location
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me where the structural integrity is- - DonB - 02-25-2014 20:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)