Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tell me where the structural integrity is-
12-05-2013, 04:04 (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 03:05 by mhughes01.)
RE: Tell me where the structural integrity is-
(12-03-2013 12:27)davidbrady Wrote:  The Entegra Cornerstone is built on Spartan's K3 chassis (Recalls), complete with a Cummins ISX and capable of a 20K lb IFS by Reyco Granning; although, the Cornerstone uses a 16.6K lb IFS:

Spartan makes a good chassis. Had friends with big Gulfstream Tourmasters who were quite happy with their coaches and the K2's underneath. But let's face it, they aren't a bus.

These coaches look:

- poorly built - don't look as insulated or strong as a Monaco let alone a Newell, Prevost or Bird. Lets face it, they're Jayco's - they made an OK tent trailer.
- built for show. They're being sold to people who don't know Jack about coaches.
- good from a distance. I doubt any of the wood is real. Likely wood grain vinyl that will peel in a year.

Of course, what's really left in the way of high end manufacturers outside of Newell and a few Prevost converters? Foretravel, Monaco, ... Most are gone.

A new Newell is easily $1.5 million or more and likely the same for a Bird if they were still made. Very few folks have that kind of coin.

Mike and Tracy - near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1999 43 LXI, "Maddy" - 60 Series Detroit
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Diesel) or Jeep Rubicon 4 Down Toad

Rolleyes http://www.challengerwest.com Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mhughes01's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me where the structural integrity is- - mhughes01 - 12-05-2013 04:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)