Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Improve LXi Engine Cooling Performance
11-01-2013, 08:32 (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 08:46 by davidbrady.)
RE: How to improve LXi engine cooling performance
Thanks Hish,

Yes, that's my understanding too. I wouldn't recommend removing the shroud only the judicious addition of louvers. When Blue Bird added the louvers, as shown in the above pic, they faced them away from the radiator, presumably to blow the hot air away from the radiator. The mechanic at Youngs said that at one time Prevost hung a neoprene curtain down behind the radiator, the length of the radiator, and just off road level. This too was to prevent hot air recirculation, so there are other ways to solve the problem, if indeed it is a problem. When underway it shouldn't be, but in stop and go conditions with the air conditioning on it might be. In stop and go the engine should progressively cool down as diesels do eventually bumping into the thermostats. I wonder if the primary concern of hot air recirculation is AC. This is why I'd really like to know which Blue Bird used the louvered radiator shroud, if any. To me it looks like it was made for the LTC40 or the S60 equipped Wanderlodges.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to improve LXi engine cooling performance - davidbrady - 11-01-2013 08:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)