Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAC & Radiator Mounts
10-31-2013, 11:30 (This post was last modified: 10-31-2013 11:53 by davidbrady.)
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts
Ron,

You can see from my attached pics that the fan assembly is bolted rigidly to the radiator's top and bottom rails, so raising the radiator isn't going to help. There is adjustment at the fan motor mount where it connects to the two supporting vertical angle brackets. The bolt holes on the verticals are elongated allowing the fan motor to be raised or lowered and centered within the fan shroud. Three of the bolts aren't too difficult to get to but the upper one towards the front of the coach might be tough. With a mirror you may be able to see if there's room in the bolt holes to drop the fan motor.

In my pics at the bottom radiator rail you should be able to make out a 1.5"x1.5"x12" piece of angle iron. It runs perpendicular to the radiator. If the bolts holding that angle iron are loose or missing I can see how the fan assembly could lift.

How your fan assembly lifted is a puzzle to me. Either it was assembled that way, or the angle iron mentioned above isn't aligning the assembly, or somehow the fan mount at the twin vertical angle iron brackets is loose and the fan worked its way up, or the fan shrouding is cracked and is dropping. Confused!

I'd remove the shrouding under the bus to gain access to all the pieces involved. Grab onto the twin vertical brackets with both hands and give them a good tug. Something may be loose.

As you've noticed, only 6 of the 9 blades are making contact. Borg Warner balances the fan by shaving some length off the blades on the heavy side. It could be the installer aligned the fan with the short blades at the top, assuming the short ones are all next to each other which is probably likely. Yikes!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CAC & Radiator Mounts - rrueckwald - 10-31-2013, 10:28
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts - davidbrady - 10-31-2013 11:30
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts - cmillsap - 11-01-2013, 20:08
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts - al perna - 11-02-2013, 10:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)