Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpine IVA-C800 Video/CD/ Nav Radio
08-13-2013, 00:07
Alpine IVA-C800 Video/CD/ Nav Radio
My bus has the subject radio installed which is probably the original BB installed unit. It’s been cantankerous to use especially because we had no manual for it. I did download a 251 page manual from Alpine’s website. It has declined to respond lately to anything except the AM/FM radio. No TV, no Nav & no CD want to work anymore. The touch screen refuses to light up. This was a state of the art unit in 2000 costing about $1500 new.

Considering that this controller works off a remote brain under the dash and uses a multi-pin coaxial cable between them to communicate; rewiring the system to fit another Nav Radio appeared to be a whole lotta work.

So, since I don’t know whether it’s the Brain or the Controller; I’m thinking of just replacing whichever of the two units is bad with a refurbished unit. They are available on line and relative cheap at about $100 each.

Does anyone have the same unit? If so, have you had similar problems with it and what did you do to “fix” it? I like to hear if anyone has any better suggestions that what I’m considering.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Alpine IVA-C800 Video/CD/ Nav Radio - cmillsap - 08-13-2013 00:07

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)