Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
07-15-2013, 15:12 (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 15:19 by pgchin.)
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
(07-15-2013 14:51)davidmbrady Wrote:  I see from the online Dometic literature that one or two fans is an option for at least my version of their fridge, the 1292. I think, but I'm not sure, that if the fan was shipped with this option the electrical schematic attached to the back pane of the fridge shows the fan connections.

OK Lil Bro,
So make me get up off my "duff" in my nice AC cooled bus and go look!Wink The nerve!Big Grin
FWIW... I ordered the unit from PPL and did not ask for any options so my presumption is that whomever ordered it for PPL asked for the "fan option". Mine has 2.The schematic does not show the connections, however, there are 2 red (+)leads with 1 amp inline fuses that attached to position "j3" on the PC board and come from each of the fans. When you look at the schematic on the refer, it shows J3" as "blank", so I think your assumption that fans were options is a good and valid one!Smile

PS The unit from PPL showed up with a factory seal on the crate so PPL did not alter it in any way. I remember at the time they were griping that Dometic would not drop ship directly to me and they had to order it ship to them in Houston from Dometic, then truck it to me...............as the wife wanted stainless steel and residential handles.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge - pgchin - 07-15-2013 15:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)