Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
06-28-2013, 11:31
RE: Time to replace crappy Dometic junk absorbtion fridge
Hey Corey,

The RF197 is a common conversion for RV's. This gentleman (nodine) has probably the best installation description on the web. Be sure to follow all the links to his Google Photo Albums.

I've seen installations where the fridge is placed directly on the floor or raised on a false floor. It all depends on whether you have mechanicals under the fridge that need to be retained and on the available clearance above including the need to clear the false ceiling ducted AC vents.

You can plug it in to the same receptacle that the Dometic used. The outside vent can be retained for access, place some insulation behind it. The chimney vent at the top can be insulated and plywood-ed over. Follow Samsung's installation instructions regarding ventilation clearance on all sides.

I'd secure it at the front and the back. Our inverters will power it just fine. I think the doors will stay closed while traveling. If not, I'm certain you can dream up some sort of locking mechanism!

I'm looking forward to pics and a description of your installation! Smile I'm counting on it cause I'll probably do a similar conversion some time soon.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace crappy Dometic junk absorbtion fridge - davidbrady - 06-28-2013 11:31

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)