Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakes and Drum part numbers for Lxi
07-27-2013, 16:32
RE: Brakes and Drum part numbers for Lxi
If you ever wonder how long brakes will last on your Wanderlodge, I may be able to help. I purchased my coach in Nov. 2004. Milage 90,000.
Last spring when I returned from Flordia about 170,000 miles, I noticed the parking brake would no longer hold on slopes>4%. After checking rear shoes, about 50% remaining, decided to change parking brake cans as springs do wear out over time and the pancake had never been changed. Changed to 30/30 Parking brake with 2.5" stroke. I measured the stroke on the old ones to may sure someone had not installed the newer 3" stroke models. Did not help the problem at all. Next I changed shoes. I confirmed shoe part numbers with David. The old shoes and drums still looked OK. The drums had some heat checks but I have seen much worse. New shoes still did not solve the problem. New drums solved the problem. The old drums were not scored or grooved where the shoe contacted. They were not cracked. I replaced front shoes also. They were worn out. I don't think the PO ever did any brake work on the coach. So I hope this may help you.

Front and tag axle shoe David's Part number for Eaton worked for Meritor crossover. Eaton 819762 The shoe is a double web 6x16.5"
Front and tag axle drums Webb 65166
Drive axle shoes Meritor XK 312476E
Drive Axle Drums Webb 66854B

Please note that cheaper parts are available. The E on the brake shoe part number stands for Extreme Service. The shoes with a part number ending with E or ES are Transit Rated for the 23500 lb axle.
The B on the Drum part number stands for Balanced.

Charlie Vaughn
1999 LXi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cvaughn's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brakes and Drum part numbers for Lxi - cvaughn - 07-27-2013 16:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)