Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New and Improved Documentation Library
04-12-2013, 20:38 (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 20:57 by Itchintogo.)
RE: Documentation Library
I have used Google Docs or as they now call it the "Drive" for several years now to work with clients on elaborate spreadsheets for construction budgets and land value estimates for financing purposes of large commercial projects.

I also share videos with friends in Europe with it.

It tracks who makes changes and saves emailing back and forth and ensures everyone is working with a current version if your doing spreadsheet work. I keep track of personal expenses with it and used it yesterday to compare quotes for a truck engine I just bought for a friend. I am in Vancouver and the truck is in Calgary so sharing information was easy peasey.

Hotmail or Live or as it is now known as Outlook these days also has a Skydrive component. It is the same kind of environment I believe although I have not used it. The main difference I see is they actually use Excel and MS Office products so it may or may not format better for existing docs or spreadsheets. Google does a pretty good job as well.

I like the new look and feel of this Skydrive and Outlook. It may actually lure me away from Google who just does a little too much "listening".

Hotmail or Outlook is likely no different in that respect. But it does feel and look nice.

(04-12-2013 18:54)davidmbrady Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 16:25)Itchintogo Wrote:  And tell us David will you change or alter other peoples posts to suit a particular agenda as we have seen elsewhere in the past?

Never Gary, not during my tenure at WaGu. In my personal opinion what you describe is a deplorable practice and I would never be member of a forum that practices it. Never...

That is good to hear David. I would not be a member of such a forum either. It would simply not be worth belonging to even though there may some good people present. Good people always gravitate to good things.

I see that some forums have also changed their terms of service after having been caught red handed breaking their own rules and ejecting people for challenging them on their own indiscretions. Is that a free and open society? I guess they have to change the TOS to wipe the egg off of themselves and look and feel better about it.

My view is that WaGu should not change their TOS if we make a mistake. We should be big enough Men and Women to admit we may have made a mistake. And we will make them for sure! We are only human.

Creating an environment like Facebook where you own everything that is posted is very unhealthy. Kind of smells to me of a dictatorship. Your own words are not your own anymore. Positively Orwellian!

I am so glad to have played a role in helping to create this forum. A sledge hammer is good for loosening and managing brake drums but it sucks and is archaic for managing people.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Documentation Library - travelite - 04-09-2013, 10:33
RE: Documentation Library - pgchin - 04-12-2013, 13:58
RE: Documentation Library - DOSZORROS - 04-12-2013, 14:53
RE: Documentation Library - travelite - 04-12-2013, 16:20
RE: Documentation Library - Itchintogo - 04-12-2013 20:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)