Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 M450 Excellent Price
03-04-2013, 13:02
RE: 2005 M450 Excellent Price
(03-04-2013 12:55)Bird Owner Wrote:  Pete, I absolutely agree. The more complicated the systems are the more time (read $$$) it takes to fix or maintain. Only the owner can decide whether the new technologies are worthwhile. I was horrified about the Multiplex wiring because it was new to me. Now, reprogramming switches and functions are "old hat" and changing switch "locations" etc., are not only possible but easy. I hear tell that an iPad interface is not too far off. Controlling any light or shades, etc from an iPad will not be necessary at all but will be convenient and fun.

One note though: I had my air cleaner changed on the M450 at Coachcraft by MacDonald last fall. No alternator removal necessary and I don't have the trap door. (Some M450's do.) They replaced it in short order, did need two guys and a 2x4 about 4' long to pry it into place. Again,this backs up the original point of this thread about models "evolving". The air dryer is another story, I hear 6-8 hours. We often joke about Blue Bird's motto; "Make no two the same" !!!!!!!!!!!
RICHBig GrinTongue YUP NO TWO alike!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMHO...... I can still hear the 2005 Canadian owner "griping" his head off at me while we were in the ole nest and Earl was fetching him a door to install in his!Big GrinWinkRolleyes I was next in line to buy parts from Earl......boy I miss those days! And no fair you CHEAT!Big Grin I SAW that deskside built in to your 99....... that qualifies you as a more sophisticated diagnostician!!!!!!Big GrinWinkTongue

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
! - pgchin - 03-04-2013, 15:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)