Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity!
10-03-2015, 01:53
'83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity!
Huh
I bought my bird a little over a week ago...and though I love her comfort and sturdiness, I do not like that someone wasn't up front about a few things! I've been in two different shops (that do big rigs) for over a week. I live in the Wanderlodge, so it's no fun.
First off I thought I'd be responsible right off and get the fluids and filters changed..great..that and 5 new batteries...but my 12.5 Perkins gen that worked fine before has caused a week of mechanics going crazy trying to figure out why she won't start now.

WORSE YET I need a new power steering pump. I was told I need a Haldex RP30305x and they aren't worth rebuilding because they always fail...the closest one would be 3 days out. I looked at my service parts sheet and it says I need a Eaton ER-16266-1!
I know someone before me had the part replaced and I wonder if it was with the wrong one, or if they went to the Haldex after changing the pitman for a reason.

I'm a newbie and could use some help!
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
'83 Bird needs power steering pump, I need my sanity! - diesel.gypsy - 10-03-2015 01:53

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)