Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tires for (new to us) 2000 LXi
06-30-2015, 14:59 (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 15:06 by travelite.)
RE: Tires for (new to us) 2000 LXi
Hi Patti,

You would get the XZA2 Energy 315/80R22.5 tire. I would definitely stick with the 315 for the steer axle. Let others with more experience experiment and report back to us with proper part numbers before jumping on the 365 bandwagon. AFIK, we have only one member who runs 365's on his steer axle. Also, you'd want to weigh your coach to see if you need the extra capacity. My LXi was relatively light on its steer axle; I got away with running 100 psi in my 315 steer tires.

I run Centramatics and have for years. There's evidence that tires can slip on their rims rendering traditional weight balancing useless. Some folks prefer not to balance the drive and tag axle tires but I run Centramatics on all axles. Stay away from Equal, which is a package of beads poured into the tires to facilitate balancing. Equal requires special valve filters to prevent schrader valve air leaks. Centramatics takes the beads and puts them in an exterior rim mounted between the Alcoa wheel and the brake drum.

I've never had this type of work done in the Asheville, NC area. A Michelin RV Dealer locator search brings up:

Snider Tire Inc.
4989 Hendersonville Rd
Fletcher, NC 28732

I put a call into Jim at Snider and asked if he had six fresh XZA2 Energies. There's a problem with backorders but he's checking for me. I'll let you know.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like davidbrady's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tires for (new to us) 2000 LXi - davidbrady - 06-30-2015 14:59

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)