Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: 84-87 FC-33 SB
05-20-2015, 04:45
RE: Wanted: 84-87 FC-33 SB
(05-05-2015 03:22)Itchintogo Wrote:  On http://www.vintagebirds.com there are a number of FC's for sale. At the end of the list is a FC 33. 1984 is a good year as Bluebird had improved their electrical system that year and it has the 250 HP Cat engine with out the CAC. Simpler engine and less to repair. I believe it will have the easy to maintain electric retarder as well as the swing radiator direct from the factory.

It is a low mileage coach and has been for sale for several years. Worth investigating in my opinion. Supposed to be all original and in excellent condition. Check it out and let us know what happens.

I've sent vintagebirds.com an email to see if the listing is accurate. I thought the swing out radiator was an 85 option (along with better clearance on the generator, both big pluses for us) but my research may be wrong? You are spot on re the retarder and the EM one is much more desirable, which is why I think if I go with something without it, I might as well get the extra ponies and the ZF to offset it. The genset clearance can be addressed I understand, and a swing out radiator retro fitted, so neither are a deal breaker, but for a $38k ask for all original, we'll have to do some dealing, assuming its still on the market.

Cheers

FC31 (new to us)
Planning a 3+ year road trip from Alaska to Patagonia!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wanted: 84-87 FC-33 SB - cdn_downunder - 05-20-2015 04:45

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)