Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries
12-21-2014, 12:55
RE: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries
A good real time test on this would be two harbor freight trickle chargers one for each 12 volt start battery plugged into a tell - a - watt for two months. Then you can calculate impact these chargers would have if tied thru the lithium powered inverter . I use the harbor freight $5.00 trickle chargers on tractors that sit and have had good luck with the auto feature but blame one of them for cooking a lead acid dry. I am not sure a cheap one or failed auto stop charge prompt can screw up agm's. F OLIVER has a good idea and that doesn't complicate the need to find a way for one charger to send two different charge cycles. Redundancy is also a good thing

one thing to keep in mind with two banks side by side is to maintain directional isolation charge only and a back up line protection fuse. I once installed a genset start battery and simply charged it with a 10 gauge wire to a 0 gauge run off of the house bank. Once when the new start battery failed to maintain a Sufficient charge the Un fused 10 ga wire got cooked as it became the path for start power. Folie idea requires no extra fuse or fear.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries - GregOConnor - 12-21-2014 12:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)