Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries
12-18-2014, 16:07
RE: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries
I was surprised that there was only one Lithium vendor at last months Pomona California RV show. More surprised that there were three vendors selling auto watering systems for conventional batteries. One side to the introduction of the lithium class to the solar and rv industry is the AGM may come down in price. . I contributed some to the R&D funds when I leased a $36,000 Fiat 500. the basic Fiat 500 is $13,000. The tax incentives and even a check from the local electric company made the lease painless and the fact that I walk away from what will hopefully be old technology in three years. With the motor home you cant walk away without a limp until the numbers get close to AGM 's ROI. AGM prices may level out as the cutting edge technology factor moves to the Lithium class. (I got an AT when Intel came out with the XT)
I am deep into working the numbers on a new energy system for my vintage GMC project and am looking at the hybrid inverter-chargers. Typical to most fiberglass rv's weight is a factor of major consideration. Reading your post, I will look into the ability of the new inverter I chose to charge Lithium class batteries. Lithium batteries in the little GMC are still in consideration ;one factor is the battery bank size wont need to be all that big and weight savings affords more investment on the cost end.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries - GregOConnor - 12-18-2014 16:07

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)