Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tell me where the structural integrity is-
02-09-2014, 11:46
RE: Tell me where the structural integrity is-
Interesting story, but a little off topic. A friend of mine is an Entegra dealer, and he custom ordered one of their new model PT's for his personal demo coach.
Last October, when they were PDI'ing the coach at the plant in Indiana the Cummins ISX 600 in the coach seized backing the coach out of the bay. Perhaps not so much Entegra's fault on the engine but as of 2 weeks ago they had not given my friend a disposition on the engine as to whether they would replace or rebuild it, and his coach is still sitting in Indiana with the engine out.
One issue was in removing the engine for inspection, apparently they needed to cut the rear bumper/frame crossmember out of the coach to remove the engine. This included the exterior fiberglass as well. It does not unbolt so when they re-install the engine the rear section will need to be fiberglassed in and repainted.
My friend ended up taking a used coach off his lot to FL for the winter while Entegra/Jayco sorts this out. I guess my question is if they will treat a dealer this way, how would they treat you?

Jim Doel
Perth, Ontario
2007 M380
Stainless Steel
w/26' Featherlight trailer
jimdoel@me.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me where the structural integrity is- - JD33 - 02-09-2014 11:46

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)