Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tell me where the structural integrity is-
12-05-2013, 15:37
RE: Tell me where the structural integrity is-
(after listening to the Spartan Walk Around LINK) the design/planning of serviceable items is terrific.(filters etc). Air drain lanyards-Hadley control location.
Locations for items were designed/chosen, not bolted in for build symplicity.
Great looking 20,000 front axle designed like the Prevost, not multi-link. Twin Steering gears makes sense and the channel steel forward of the driver/passenger for protection!
Now engineer in the "Roll over" strength without getting to a $1 Mill.
Ross

(12-05-2013 14:17)davidbrady Wrote:  I agree Mike, the Spartan chassis is an excellent starting point, especially the K3, but even the Mountain Master does well I believe in Entegra's application because Entegra built what they call the X-Bridge frame around the Spartan MM. This adds a lot of bending and torsional strength to the basement. Another area where there can be a lot of strength is in the roof, especially if it's engineered well like in our Wanderlodges. The roof combined with the walls can be thought of as a beam where the walls are the webbing and the roof is the flange. If the walls are stout enough to transmit bending and torsion forces from the basement to the roof, and if the roof is well done, then the chassis can be adequately stiff in bending and torsion. This Entegra has three walls on each side of the motorhome to act as webbing and these walls seem to be well built. So to answer Ernie's question, the strength is in the X-Bridge Spartan based basement framework and the roof and the three stub walls. I bet this thing is stronger than it appears and probably adequately strong. Is it BB School Bus tough? No way! Is it a million mile chassis? Probably not. Smile

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me where the structural integrity is- - dentmac - 12-05-2013 15:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)