Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LXi, Three Receiver Hitch
11-15-2013, 00:16 (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 00:18 by gondolaguy.)
RE: LXi, Three Receiver Hitch
(11-13-2013 23:53)al perna Wrote:  Corey , Thanks for tuning in here . I am a bit confused here , your install involved cutting the bumper , where David s did not .
If I am not mistaken our single receiver is tied into the frame , so how is this 3 point receiver attached ? did you have Larry weld it above the existing receiver ?
Maybe Ed will tune in soon and let us know what he thinks . I was over Ed s place a few weeks back and I ordered the overbuilt receiver , I have no idea what it looks like or how to go about having it installed . If it isn't to cold Corey , can you take some picks of how yours is welded and where ? I might not be so lucky to find "Larry the Welder ".

Al,
I didn't use the Overbuilt receiver, I had Larry the Welder build the inserts for the lift by welding them into the existing hitch cross member. It simply replicates what Overbuilt is sending you, but I was able to have the receivers a few inches higher than the Overbuilt or David's set up. This seemed a good idea as I've seen the hitches bottom out and put big stress on the rear structures.

Al,
It is too cold, but for you I would do it, but......my coach is in Florida now. I drove it down to my building where there is power for the winter.

Corey Noble
Laurel Park, NC
2000 LXi 46,000 miles and counting
Added features: Overbuilt cycle lift, built-in vacuum, flat panel LCD TVs, Vetus macerating toilet, Samsung fridge, Lifeline batteries, headlight cover removal campaign.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LXi, Three Receiver Hitch - gondolaguy - 11-15-2013 00:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)