Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAC & Radiator Mounts
11-02-2013, 11:32
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts
Hey Al,

On the LXi you can remove the rad/cac out the back or out the side. Working by myself I found pulling it out the side to be easiest.

You need to lift the rear of the bus a good amount using the HWH landing gear and some cribbing. The radiator/cac assembly needs to be nudged towards the front of the coach to clear some bodywork. To gain enough clearance to do this it helps to unbolt the Hayden cooler and swing it out of the way. Also, I found it expeditious to unbolt the CAC and remove it first followed by the radiator. The inlet of the CAC sits high behind the bus's belt beam. It's futile to try to raise the coach that high; unbolting the CAC and dropping it down solves this problem. I then put a motorcycle jack under the radiator and lowered it enough to clear the belt beam. The radiator with the fan assembly attached can then be extracted from the bus. I unbolted the A-arm brackets from the c-channel frame rails and removed them attached to the radiator and fan assembly. It's not a very hard job but it is heavy and awkward and there's lots of potential for injury so take it slow and be careful! I had the pleasure of removing mine twice. The first time I wasn't happy with the fan balance so I pulled it and did it again! It was a lot easier the second time! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CAC & Radiator Mounts - rrueckwald - 10-31-2013, 10:28
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts - cmillsap - 11-01-2013, 20:08
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts - al perna - 11-02-2013, 10:49
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts - davidbrady - 11-02-2013 11:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)