Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAC & Radiator Mounts
11-01-2013, 19:24
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts
(11-01-2013 10:31)davidbrady Wrote:  Hi Ron,

No captive nuts - you need to get a wrench on both sides. (Four 5/16ths inch bolts, 1/2" wrench). Both sides are accessible - no need to remove the fan. The fan motor bolts to a plate, the plate bolts to the twin vertical angle iron brackets. The angle iron holes are elongated vertically the plate horizontally. This allows the fan to be centered in a plane. I'll get you a picture.

Well, I finally got to look at it in detail. Sure wish I had known about it last month when I had the floor under the bed out. The two forward bolts are next to impossible to get to without taking the floor out again. I will if I have to.

However, I will first remove one of the accessible bolts to see if there is any slot left. No point in going further if there is not, and I suspect there is not because this looks like it was always this way. The horizontal members of the frame that holds the motor are not perpendicular to the rad, but angling upward a bit. This probably means they used all the slot in production. I shall soon see. Will let you know. If this is the case, they used ALL of their artistic license on that one.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CAC & Radiator Mounts - rrueckwald - 10-31-2013, 10:28
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts - rrueckwald - 11-01-2013 19:24
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts - cmillsap - 11-01-2013, 20:08
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts - al perna - 11-02-2013, 10:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)