Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horton Fan Clutch
02-21-2008, 12:44
Horton Fan Clutch
Hi Don
I just rebuilt my Horton clutch and had it reinstalled. I read that you are trying to set up a system that tells you when the fan is engaged. I just returned from Flordia and I can hear the fan enguaging and dis-engaging while driving. I decided to measure the time when it was engaged vrs the time dis-engaged. Found that the fan only spent about one mile not running and about a half mile running to cool the engine. Seems like to much cycleing to me so I borrowed a gauge that measures air preccure in inches of water. By placing a plastic line behind the radiator I found that there is NO air moving out the back (thru the rad) at speed!! Then I moved the gauge to the side and again found no air movement until the fan came on! I am now working on some kind of scoop for the sides or bottom to force air through the rad without running the fan as it takes around 15 horsepower I am told.
Any
thoughts on how much/often your fan cycles?
Does your SP36 have horizontal pans on both sides on the bottom of the battery area and the air filter on the curb side? Mine is open on the curb side.
This is a puzzle I am fighting since I just put a rebuilt CAT engine in along with a new radiaor and now it doesnt seem to cool as well as the old stuff??
Bob Criss
Bethel Park, PA
90SP36

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Horton Fan Clutch - Bob Criss - 02-21-2008 12:44
Horton Fan Clutch - Gregory OConnor - 02-21-2008, 14:16
Horton Fan Clutch - Donald Spithaler - 02-21-2008, 16:11

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)