Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan hydraulic control part info
08-10-2013, 15:07 (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 15:59 by Arcticdude.)
Fan hydraulic control part info
Blatantly heisted info:

"I was able to buy the hydraulic solenoid valve (Sauer-Danfoss Part # CP508-B01-B-4S-12DWPM/25) from Prevost Car, Elgin, Illinois.

They also have available the fan drive control assembly (Sauer-Danfoss CP508-B01-1090223) and the electronic control module piggy-backed on the valve (Sauer-Danfoss CP508-B01-1090222)

Contact person Tom Irwin, telephone 800.621.5519, e-mail thomas.ti.irwin@volvo.com .

The supply of the valves is limited right now to approximately 19 units. so if you have a need, act fast. All of these parts are now made in the UK and if they are out of stock delivery time can be up to 3-4 months.

Tom advised me that most of the early Prevost coaches (late 80's to mid 90's) have parts commonly used by Wanderlodge. So, if you have a need for a hard to obtain part, contact Tom.

He is eager to help Wanderlodge owners in obtaining parts for their coaches. Some of the parts in stock in their New Jersey warehouse facility can be shipped right away and "emergency" needs can be shipped in less than a week with payment of an "expedite fee" $75.00, I believe."

Thought this was interesting and should be included everywhere.

Some other Sauer Danfoss parts have been ordered thru here:

http://www.hy-power.com/products.asp

While located in England, their shipping was 48hrs to parts in hand here.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Arcticdude's post
08-10-2013, 22:52
RE: Fan hydraulic control part info
Thanks John,

Here's another one.

Truckworx Kenworth is proud to be Alabama's all new Blue Bird bus dealer!

From Turchworx website:

"That's right! All Alabama Truckworx Kenworth facilities now sell Blue Bird Buses, bus parts, and provide warranty and non-warranty service work! With locations throughout the state of Alabama in Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery, Thomasville, Dothan and Mobile, Busworx Blue Bird can deliver bus parts daily and provide mobile service work; regardless of your location in Alabama! Pardon our progress. Our Busworx Blue Bird website is under construction. Please call any of our Alabama facilities to the right for questions regarding products or services".

Truckworx has a URL link on their site that takes you directly to the Corporate Blue Bird website. I also understand that Truckworx is eager to perform maintenance and repairs on Wanderlodges. Could Blue Bird Corp be softening their stance on Wanderlodges? It appears so. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and if Blue Bird Corp expands this template into other states.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
08-11-2013, 03:10
That will be something to watch for!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
08-12-2013, 13:32 (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 13:33 by pgchin.)
Great find John and David.... FWIW for the membership, please keep in mind on 95-97/98......... the controller listed above is different than used on 97-98 on up through all LXI's.... the former(older) is a 2 speed fan controller and DDECIII, the newer is variable speed and DDECIV......not sure of the cut-over date/year but some time in the vicinity above............ check your bluebox, if you have DDECIV, than you probably have variable speed controller.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
08-12-2013, 20:28
That's good to know. I guess us with the "older" two stroke, DDEC I/II can't use this. We just have to rely on our a/c on/off, or the dash switch. Boy, am I feeling ancientRolleyes

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
08-13-2013, 12:30 (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 12:41 by pgchin.)
(08-12-2013 20:28)patticake Wrote:  That's good to know. I guess us with the "older" two stroke, DDEC I/II can't use this. We just have to rely on our a/c on/off, or the dash switch. Boy, am I feeling ancientRolleyes
Steve,
Nah, you're in good company, they ALL are gett'in some years on them!Tongue I'm no 8v expert, I believe LeeRoy is and knows that circuit pretty good, but I believe your "controllers" are different, but does the fan management like mine older s60, 2 speeds, the variable speed fans do have a "fuel mileage" advantage though on both of us! Yeah, I also have fan over ride and AC as well!Big Grin

Now, if you want to see old, go look at the last post in the Michigan thread, you'll see the sign on one of the boats that says its a 1912!!!!!! Now, that's OLD! We and our equipment are still kids compared to that thing!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)