Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Majestic MJ 9200D dryer
07-10-2013, 14:44
Majestic MJ 9200D dryer
In extreme heat in CA earlier this week, the park 50 amp breaker popped. After shutting down as much as I could on board, I reset the breaker and had no other problems but managed the load accordingly.

Either because of or coincidentally because, my dryer heating element is not working. Before I have someone remove the doors and retention stuff to pull it out of the closet to examine the unit, are there any other possible external reasons it will not heat? Is there a breaker for the unit that might have also popped?

Tommy "2 Shoes" McCarthy
2006 M450XLI "GoneAway" Big Grin
Former owner 1995 PT42 WB "Pretty Penny"
Gardnerville, NV
Near South Lake Tahoe
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2013, 09:58 (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 11:16 by pgchin.)
RE: Majestic MJ 9200D dryer
(07-10-2013 14:44)tcandt Wrote:  In extreme heat in CA earlier this week, the park 50 amp breaker popped. After shutting down as much as I could on board, I reset the breaker and had no other problems but managed the load accordingly.

Either because of or coincidentally because, my dryer heating element is not working. Before I have someone remove the doors and retention stuff to pull it out of the closet to examine the unit, are there any other possible external reasons it will not heat? Is there a breaker for the unit that might have also popped?

Tommy,
I see we did not have an experienced m450 guy post to help you so I'll try and take a SWAG here, but you may be far along now after 6 days:
1) I presume you run a surge protector on the "pole/ grid", if not you may consider getting one, it will protect your bus
2) Dryers, in general, usually have their own circuit breaker on the AC panel in your bus, did you turn the dryer AC circuit breaker off and on a couple of times? Sometimes they "stick".
3) IF/ THEN science statement!Big GrinSmile IF the dryer tumbler is turning on when you start the unit, THEN you probably let the smoke out of the heater element and there is nothing wrong with the bus circuitry!Tongue You are probably going to have to replace the heater element or something in that schematic circuit that is blown relating to the heater element.
Angel
4) IF number 3 is true, then you will need this URL!Rolleyes

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdir...54/0151200

5) I guess you'll have to get out your roll of quarters like us poor ole 95 guys! :-) TeeHee............temporarily at least!

IF I was in Cali (will be there next year), THEN I'd come over and let you keep your Amex black in your wallet and help ya out. I'd love to play with a m450! You could then buy me an "adult beverage!":PIdea Albeit Knob Creek 120proof black barrel is NOT cheap either! Good luck and I hope it is a simple fix for ya!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
07-16-2013, 14:30 (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 14:33 by pgchin.)
(07-16-2013 12:31)Bird Owner Wrote:  Pete, I didn't post earlier as I should have, but opted to call Tom as we were operating on reduced internet capacity in upstate NY.

You are right on. The drum was turning but the dryer was not producing heat. Since they are a 120 VAC appliance it is not a power problem. Heating element is the probable cause but we can't rule out a bad control. The only way to tell is to pull the dryer. To do that you must remove the 2750 screws Blue Bird used for the piano hinges of both doors to take them off. Then, with help to pull the plug and disconnect the vent, slide the dryer out and down to the floor. Not much to them and everything can be seen by removing the back panel. A simple resistance will show if the element is good or "open". Sears has parts for these dryers (and washers). When I bought mine, the belt was off, preventing the drum from turning. It is a good idea to run it while out to be sure the pulley is aligned properly before re-installing.

Still wondering why Blue Bird didn't skip 2/3 of the screw holes in the piano hinge.

Cool Rich, thanks for the update!Big Grin I'm glad you were able to help Tommy out! So, why didn't Bluebird skip the 2750 piano hinge screws? Because, that's how they roll!!!!! Overkill!!!!Big GrinTongueRolleyes Otherwise it would not be a bird!Tongue EVERYTHING on a bird is exponentially more complex!!!!!!Angel
PS I have the same issue with my combo unit doors in the 95 and probably the SAME piano hinges! :-) It was a PIA!!!!!!!!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
07-16-2013, 23:44
(07-16-2013 14:30)pgchin Wrote:  
(07-16-2013 12:31)Bird Owner Wrote:  Pete, I didn't post earlier as I should have, but opted to call Tom as we were operating on reduced internet capacity in upstate NY.

You are right on. The drum was turning but the dryer was not producing heat. Since they are a 120 VAC appliance it is not a power problem. Heating element is the probable cause but we can't rule out a bad control. The only way to tell is to pull the dryer. To do that you must remove the 2750 screws Blue Bird used for the piano hinges of both doors to take them off. Then, with help to pull the plug and disconnect the vent, slide the dryer out and down to the floor. Not much to them and everything can be seen by removing the back panel. A simple resistance will show if the element is good or "open". Sears has parts for these dryers (and washers). When I bought mine, the belt was off, preventing the drum from turning. It is a good idea to run it while out to be sure the pulley is aligned properly before re-installing.

Still wondering why Blue Bird didn't skip 2/3 of the screw holes in the piano hinge.

Cool Rich, thanks for the update!Big Grin I'm glad you were able to help Tommy out! So, why didn't Bluebird skip the 2750 piano hinge screws? Because, that's how they roll!!!!! Overkill!!!!Big GrinTongueRolleyes Otherwise it would not be a bird!Tongue EVERYTHING on a bird is exponentially more complex!!!!!!Angel
PS I have the same issue with my combo unit doors in the 95 and probably the SAME piano hinges! :-) It was a PIA!!!!!!!!

I have not hired a migrant worker to remove the screws yet. I did order a heating element to have on hand when I can get help with the unit. Rich's call helped a lot. I bought $40 worth of quarters to start. I asked Carolyn if I could ship my dirty clothes home for her to wash and ship back. Needless to say, my 25th anniversary in October was in dire jeopardy until I backed off. Confused

I love this coach and would welcome any visitors. Remember, I own lots in southern CA and Newport Oregon that you guys can ask to use. Knob Creek is my new whiskey based on reading Stuart Woods' main character, Stone Barrington, a New York former cop turned lawyer who is now rich, flies his own jet and gets every beautiful woman he meets. I live vicariously through his favorite cocktail. Big Grin

Pete, come on down when you get to the leftist coast. I also have a '95 WB.

Tommy "2 Shoes" McCarthy
2006 M450XLI "GoneAway" Big Grin
Former owner 1995 PT42 WB "Pretty Penny"
Gardnerville, NV
Near South Lake Tahoe
07-18-2013, 15:08 (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 15:20 by pgchin.)
Tommy,
Like you and Rich, I am Stuart Woods fan and read every Stone Barrington novel in order!!!! Yes, Stone / Stuart got me started on the Knob and I have 100 proof Vodka 3/1 Gimlets in the freezer in a Mason jar..... ALWAYS!!!!!TongueBig Grin I feel a "party coming on fellas":D IT took me about 2 months but I got the mix down now to where when I pull the Gimlets, the ice crystals form about 1 minute it hits the ambient temp!Tongue I pour them in 2 oz shot glasses and we "sip" both the Knob or Gimlets with a bottle of Blue Moon! I'm glad the dryer thing is working out!

Tommy, will PM when we hit the left coast and we'll cook ya up somethin! Should be in 2014 sometime, bird upgrade / fixes dependant on the leave time!!!!! You know how it goes!!!!!!!!! I'm shooting form November but not sure I can get the genny upgrades done in time when I get back home!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)