'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
05-27-2013, 09:46
RE: Kingsley Coach on Ebay
I like the way it is classified as a "class A" motorhome.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
05-28-2013, 08:39
I've looked at several truck conversions as they would probably be my close second choice after a bus conversion. The one thing they do have over buses is ease of maintenance. Most things are way easier to get to and just about any truck garage will welcome your business.
TOM
05-28-2013, 20:10
I hear ya Tom. My next task, and one that I've been procrastinating on, is replacement of the o-ring seals on my Series-60 oil cooler. If it were a Class-C Kingsley the job would've been done long ago. On a class-a bus I'm sure you're intimately familiar with the hoops I gotta jump thru to get 'er done! Sad

david brady,

05-29-2013, 00:15
(05-28-2013 20:10)davidmbrady Wrote:  I hear ya Tom. My next task, and one that I've been procrastinating on, is replacement of the o-ring seals on my Series-60 oil cooler. If it were a Class-C Kingsley the job would've been done long ago. On a class-a bus I'm sure you're intimately familiar with the hoops I gotta jump thru to get 'er done! Sad

What hoops??!! You take it apart, swap the rings and put it all back!! What's different??? Wink Big Grin

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
[+] 1 user Likes Arcticdude's post
05-29-2013, 11:27
I know John. It's simple! Just a bolt on, but to get to it I need to remove the underbody shrouding, drain the radiator, remove a coolant pipe, tear the bedroom apart to gain access to the hatch, and possibly remove the turbo and associated exhaust pipework, and then I need a skinny person with long arms. What really hurts is that it was misting way back when I had the radiator out. With the radiator out I could have simply walked up to it, much like a Kingsley. Alas, a Kingsley is not for me. I'm way to much into the flat floor from bumper to bumper and optimization of space that a Class-A provides.

david brady,

05-29-2013, 14:29
(05-29-2013 11:27)davidmbrady Wrote:  What really hurts is that it was misting way back when I had the radiator out. With the radiator out I could have simply walked up to it, much like a Kingsley.

Two thoughts immediately come to mind:

1) How sick were you that day????

and the more obvious

2) DOH! Smile

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
05-29-2013, 14:34
Ouch! rub it in... Blush I remember seeing the misting but I also remember wiping it off and... well... then it was gone and I forgot about it! Poof! No more leak! Angry

david brady,

05-29-2013, 16:53
(05-29-2013 11:27)davidmbrady Wrote:  I know John. It's simple! Just a bolt on, but to get to it I need to remove the underbody shrouding, drain the radiator, remove a coolant pipe, tear the bedroom apart to gain access to the hatch, and possibly remove the turbo and associated exhaust pipework, and then I need a skinny person with long arms. What really hurts is that it was misting way back when I had the radiator out. With the radiator out I could have simply walked up to it, much like a Kingsley. Alas, a Kingsley is not for me. I'm way to much into the flat floor from bumper to bumper and optimization of space that a Class-A provides.

Yep. It's the "gettin' to it" that's the killer. Of course, there are some things on trucks that can try your patience too.

Size wise that Kingsley is 45' long. Plenty of room!

AND, it's a Peterbilt with a Prevost back! What's not to like! Big GrinBig Grin

TOM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)