Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Valve Leak
06-07-2013, 16:56 (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 17:01 by pgchin.)
RE: Air Valve Leak
(06-07-2013 16:32)cmillsap Wrote:  Pete,

They just ordered the Chelsea Part number: 328591-129X, which will arive Tuesday. they have not been able to find the 1"-15T Quality Control Corp Pump (CPC 1049 CPC 030-R-2-AF-BC) yet and I did advise him to look at Williams & Williams. I hope I don't have to wait 3 weeks to get one.

Unless I misunderstand, those are the only two items needed to make this changeover??
Hi Chuck,
Yes, you will need two hydraulic hoses , one for the PTO, and one for wet spline kit and a hose "tee". You can order them from Chelsea or have them made up locally at a hydraulics store. The old one from the PTO can be used as a model for your new one. As for the 3 weeks wait, yeah, unfortunately unless they find someone who stocks one, the build and ship time is about 3 weeks for the pump...........Rolleyes I hope they find one for you!Big Grin
PS Plus the 3 filters for the hydraulic tank(wix #57317) and 5 gallons of aw32 or Rando 32. :-)

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2013, 17:00
Chuck , I did not see this post till now but today at Parliament I had my PTO pump lubed. It only needed 1/2 a tube . Johnnie went on to say I was lucky cause that job is around a 10 hr in and out .

we all hope it is less for you but it is good to know worst case scenario .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
06-07-2013, 17:41 (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 17:47 by cmillsap.)
(06-07-2013 16:56)pgchin Wrote:  
(06-07-2013 16:32)cmillsap Wrote:  Pete,

They just ordered the Chelsea Part number: 328591-129X, which will arive Tuesday. they have not been able to find the 1"-15T Quality Control Corp Pump (CPC 1049 CPC 030-R-2-AF-BC) yet and I did advise him to look at Williams & Williams. I hope I don't have to wait 3 weeks to get one.

Unless I misunderstand, those are the only two items needed to make this changeover??
Hi Chuck,
Yes, you will need two hydraulic hoses , one for the PTO, and one for wet spline kit and a hose "tee". You can order them from Chelsea or have them made up locally at a hydraulics store. The old one from the PTO can be used as a model for your new one. As for the 3 weeks wait, yeah, unfortunately unless they find someone who stocks one, the build and ship time is about 3 weeks for the pump...........Rolleyes I hope they find one for you!Big Grin
PS Plus the 3 filters for the hydraulic tank(wix #57317) and 5 gallons of aw32 or Rando 32. :-)

Pete,

Thanks again about the hoses and filters, I spoke to the factory on the pump. Cost is $1347.31 and ship date is next Friday.

(06-07-2013 17:00)al perna Wrote:  Chuck , I did not see this post till now but today at Parliament I had my PTO pump lubed. It only needed 1/2 a tube . Johnnie went on to say I was lucky cause that job is around a 10 hr in and out .

we all hope it is less for you but it is good to know worst case scenario .

Thanks, Al,

Yeah, I had Johnney inspect and lube the PTO before I bought the coach. Hesaid it was in good shape at that point in time. However, the mechanics at my repair shop is telling me it is abnormally noisy with a small seal leak and should be looked at. Maybe the 3000 miles I put on it between FL and CA done the PTO in.Confused

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
06-07-2013, 18:03 (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 18:05 by pgchin.)
Photo RE: Air Valve Leak
(06-07-2013 17:41)cmillsap Wrote:  Pete,

Thanks again about the hoses and filters, I spoke to the factory on the pump. Cost is $1347.31 and ship date is next Friday.

Anytime Chuck, FWIW I looked up my parts, albeit 7/8" shafts so I know the 1" is a bit more but last March 2012:
PTO-669.52 ,does NOT include the wet pump kit which is additional $$
Pump- 890.51
Plus local tax and shipping

Good deal on a 1 week wait, way to go!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
06-12-2013, 00:45 (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 00:46 by cmillsap.)
(06-07-2013 09:26)davidmbrady Wrote:  Chuck, I never have any issue spending money on my LXi. It's like one of my children; if it's in need it gets! I think you're the same way! LOL

I agree and appreciate all the repairs you're doing. The only thing I might point out is that the entire slide body from the inner skeleton to the outer skin is aluminum. So the bubbling that you're seeing has likely been there close to the bus's entire life and it may have more to do with the initial paint prep. I'd like to talk to your mechanics about the oil cooler seal kit on the S60. Mine started to leak and it looks like a bear to get to. I imagine they may need to take the bedroom apart to get to the engine hatch, which isn't a big deal especially if you have a center isle bed arrangement, but they need to be clean or you may arrive to find some greasy surprises on the inside of your coach. How far away is the repair facility? Have you been there on occasion to monitor the progress. Oh, to have an on-board camera to send an image up to WaGu from time to time... wait, I'm working on that! Smile

BTW, do you know how old the slide seal is, or when it was last replaced?

David,

They repaired the oil cooler leak. It was the O-rings that were leaking. They said it was tough but the only thing they had to remove was the air compressor. They were able to just replace the O-
rings without totaly removing the oil cooler or disconnecting any lines (?). Anyway, that's the story they told me.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
06-12-2013, 01:08
Thanks Chuck,

Are you saying they were able to do it by only removing the Air Conditioning Compressor? That's quite a bit easier than what I had imagined. This is quite important to me since I'm about to embark on this repair and I was of the opinion that a lot of disassembly would be required. Wow! That's great news!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
06-12-2013, 02:42 (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 02:53 by cmillsap.)
(06-12-2013 01:08)davidmbrady Wrote:  Thanks Chuck,

Are you saying they were able to do it by only removing the Air Conditioning Compressor? That's quite a bit easier than what I had imagined. This is quite important to me since I'm about to embark on this repair and I was of the opinion that a lot of disassembly would be required. Wow! That's great news!

Sorry David,
I did leave out the word (conditioner). Yes, as I understand the phone conversation with Rolando (the service writer); the Mechanic/Technician was able to unbolt the chassis air compressor from the engine and put it aside far enough without having to disconnect its refrigerant lines. Then he unbolted the oil cooler, replaced the O-ring(s) and gasket and replaced the oil cooler and the A/C compressor.

It's entirely possible that I misunderstood what he said. I will speak to him again about the procedure they used just to be sure I did understand correctly. We were going over the status of all the items on the invoice at the time and I may have been preoccupied with the charges (PTO hyd pump $1347.31) and not paying enough attention to some of his explanationsHuhConfused I will also find out if the Tech was a Midget.Big Grin

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)