Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Yahoo WanderlodgeForum
05-12-2013, 20:15 (This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 11:23 by davidbrady.)
Welcome Yahoo WanderlodgeForum
Folks,

It gives me great pleasure to announce the merger of Yahoo WanderlodgeForum and Wanderlodge Gurus!

WanderlodgeForum has a rich legacy. It's a legacy that needs to be preserved, brought forward, and built upon. This is exactly what Mike Bulriss and I plan to do. We also plan to continue in the spirit of community without the intrusion of business interests.

As you know Ernie Ekbert started Yahoo WanderlodgeForum in 2005. Mike Bulriss, Ralph Fullenwider, Ron Marabito, and Ernie Ekbert sustained it for all these years; although recently Ernie stepped aside. Through their care, nurturing, and dedication the site has grown to over 50,000 posts in over 8000 threads. Along with this is a rich library of documents, attachments, pictures, and databases. All of this is already here on WaGu and will be unveiled in the coming days.

This is all well and good, but the real strength is the WanderlodgeForum membership. Folks, I humbly invite you to join WaGu. Mike and I are thrilled to host you here on Wanderlodge Gurus!

Welcome!
Cue the Ukuleles!
David Brady

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
05-12-2013, 20:48 (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 22:01 by mbulriss.)
RE: Welcome Yahoo WanderlodgeForum
Thank you very much for the warm welcome David!

David spoke of legacy of the Yahoo WanderlodgeForum and all the people that helped build and manage it. But it was truly the members that created it. In the end, the folks that David named were but temporary caretakers of a wealth of information that was built by the members, helping other members. That was what the original forum envisioned, a freely available self-help resource. Thus, a very key concern, from my side, was that all the original information be preserved for future reference by all that wanted it. David has built a site that can do just that, in a nice new modern format. Further, the conversion process not only converts the individual messages, but it also builds them into threads so that individual message strings and replies can be read in one contiguous place.

In the coming days, all of the original content will be available here on Wanderlodge Gurus. Please make the move with us!

Thanks for your participation.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
05-12-2013, 21:39 (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 21:41 by jwasnewski.)
(05-12-2013 20:48)mbulriss Wrote:  Thank you very much for the warm welcome David!

David spoke of legacy of the Yahoo WanderlodgeForum and all the people that helped build and manage it. But it was truly the members that created it. In the end, the folks that David named were but temporary caretakers of a wealth of information that was built by the members, helping other members. That was what the original forum envisioned, a freely available self-help resource. Thus, a very key concern, from my side, was that all the original information be preserved for future reference by all that wanted it. David has built a site that can do just that, in a nice new modern format. Further, the conversion process not only converts the individual messages, but it also builds them into threads so that individual message strings and replies can be read in one contiguous place.

In the coming days, all of the original content will be available here on Wanderlodge Gurus. Please make the move with us!

Thanks for participation.

This is quite good. My old friend with the not so Mini van. lol

Leroy A. Eckert
Dahlonega, GA
05-12-2013, 23:01
Outstanding!!! That's a great wealth of information that will now be very well preserved and presented.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
05-13-2013, 02:00
Excellent news! The preservation of a long term forum with no business interests and the baggage that goes with that. The original idea and mission lives on.

Outstanding.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
05-13-2013, 02:15
(05-13-2013 02:00)Itchintogo Wrote:  Excellent news! The preservation of a long term forum with no business interests and the baggage that goes with that. The original idea and mission lives on.

Outstanding.
I've bitten my tongue for a few weeks, but I guess I have to say something. Since a lot of us *absolutely* have no problem with the "baggage" that goes with business interests, the frequent harping on the topic here is a real turn off. Build this forum by being the best it can be, not a place designed to beat down any other forum.

Don Bradner
2004 M380 Double Slide
1990 WB "Blue Thunder" Sold
My Location
[+] 4 users Like DonB's post
05-13-2013, 05:11 (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 10:49 by davidbrady.)
Point taken Don. We are turning that page. Smile

I want to add that we have a peer review process here on WaGu. If you appreciate what someone posts click the Thank You button at the bottom of their post.

If in your estimation what someone posts is well above the call of duty, feel free to give the poster positive reputation points by clicking the Rep button at the base of their post.

We also have a warning system that moderators can use if the forum is being abused in any of several well specified areas which I'll outline tomorrow (it's late). If a member exceeds a warning count threshold then action is taken. More on that later.

Also, if a posting is particularly disturbing rather than get into it with the poster, I encourage the offended party to hit the Report button at the base of the post. This will alert a moderator so that appropriate action can be taken.

Enjoy!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
05-13-2013, 21:46
A point of clarification is in order.
Bruce Morris and I started the original wanderlodge forum. Period,
He opted for the pay for play forum. I chose not.
In 2005, I launched- Wanderlodgeforum.org. I asked Mike Bulriss, Ralph Fullenwider and Ron Marabito to be with me as moderators.
I may be an old flooring installer to some, but I was there at the beginning.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
[+] 1 user Likes ernie ekberg's post
05-14-2013, 10:01
Ernie,

When did you guys start the original forum?

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
05-14-2013, 11:16
(05-13-2013 21:46)ernie ekberg Wrote:  A point of clarification is in order.
Bruce Morris and I started the original wanderlodge forum. Period,
He opted for the pay for play forum. I chose not.
In 2005, I launched- Wanderlodgeforum.org. I asked Mike Bulriss, Ralph Fullenwider and Ron Marabito to be with me as moderators.
I may be an old flooring installer to some, but I was there at the beginning.

Not only were you there in the beginning, You and the late Bruce architected the VISION and executed it! NO small feat....... those of us who have been around since "dinosaurs roamed the earth" and owned Wanderlodges back then for decades were there with you and know this to be FACT. THANK YOU for creating and executing the vision and a big THANK YOU to Mike, Ralph and Ron for donating their precious time to keeping the vision alive all these years for the entire community to share all the historical and current self help resources! Thanks David for providing an up to date platform for the original vision to be extended into the newer technology and for melding all the resources into an easy to find user program!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
[+] 2 users Like pgchin's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)