Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best in the World Headlamps
05-02-2013, 15:43 (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 12:43 by davidbrady.)
Best in the World Headlamps
Folks,

A few years ago I installed a set of 90mm HID Xenon low and high beams on my LXi. The improvement is well worth the money. It's an easy upgrade using Susquehanna Motorsports modular mounting kit. Here are the links and part numbers:

Susquehanna Motorsports Rally Lights Xenon HID High Beam

Susquehanna Motorsports Rally Lights Xenon HID Low Beam

Modular Headlamp Mounting Bracket

For the ultimate upgrade Hella now offers their Bi-Xenon Hi/Lo beam headlamp. These use a solenoid operated shutter to create the cutoff for the low beam. It'd be sweet to have 4 high beams when crossing the Mojave!

Susquehanna Motorsports Rally Lights Bi-Xenon HID High and Low

There's no need for the light scattering plexiglass that covers the stock 120mm LXi head lamps. In fact, I think it'd be a detriment to oncoming drivers to run Xenon HID's with the plexiglass covers. The covers will surely create glare to other vehicles.

Please, resist the temptation to take off the black bumpers that define the look of the LXi. Some have chosen to discard the bumpers in favor of ghastly home fabricated aluminum riveted on panels concealing standard sealed beam DOT headlamps. Please resist working on your bumpers during happy hour! Love it or leave it! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 00:46 (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 00:48 by Itchintogo.)
RE: Best in the World Headlamps
For a few years I have admired that upgrade you did on your coach. It is one of my personal favourites. It looks totally stock and most of us know BB has never been a source of wonderment when it comes to headlights.

My little stout round eyed girl has 4 upgraded round light beams that look totally stock but actually do not a bad job at all. I can'y remember laddie if they are Cibie or not. I think it has been upgraded as well in terms of power supply.

I agree it is best to retain the stock look of the coach and not make it something that looks like Jed Clampett just drove in from the chicken coop. It diminishes value considerably.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
05-13-2013, 12:40
The LXI conversion is easy compaired to a PT
Here are some pics of a conversion that was done in Texas, unfortunatly I can't find the name of the shop that did the work, but it is well done and looks like a coach with these lights should look like.
05-13-2013, 12:43
Man that is well done! Reminiscent of a early 2000's Newell.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
05-13-2013, 13:02
They are nice Gary, I have made a conversion that uses the origonal headlight housings with the Bi-Zenon lamps high/low in one unit, but it is as of yet uncompleted. Mostly because I'd rather do the conversion in the pictures. As I recall this conversion was not too expensive at $4000.00, fiberglass fabrication, body work, paint, lights, a very nice look and does modernize our look
[attachment=461]
05-13-2013, 13:51 (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 13:51 by davidbrady.)
That is very pretty Kurt. I think the name of the outfit is Xtreme Paint & Graphics out of Nacogdoches Texas. They do a lot of Foretravel work.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)