Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LX and LXi Slide Seal Part Numbers (Brady Seal)
05-01-2013, 23:20 (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 23:26 by davidbrady.)
LX and LXi Slide Seal Part Numbers (Brady Seal)
Folks, here are the part numbers to use when placing an order with DRI. I've also attached installation instructions.

PART NUMBERS:
DR126-Brady-E-LXi-LivingRoom
DR126-Brady-E-LXi-Bedroom
DR126-Brady-E-LX-LivingRoom
DR126-Brady-E-LX-Bedroom

Hose placement for the LX LivingRoom seal needs to be specified when ordering. So far we know that BlueBird used two different hose placements. Measure from the leading vertical edge of the slide body to the hose and note it in the order. The two placements we have so far are: 117.25" and 132.25".

Please contact Roger Anderson at DRI to place an order:

Roger Anderson
Dynamic Rubber, Inc.
131 Garlisch Drive
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
randerson@dynamicrubber.com

http://www.dynamicrubber.com/contact.html

----------------------------------------------------cut here-----------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

A) There's a hole in the HWH track for the seal's hose. If the hole is larger than the seal's air fitting flange, please RTV a thin washer in place so that the air fitting flange has a shoulder to sit on. Not doing so may result in air seal puncture as the seal attempts to inflate thru the hole, and

B) installers are still learning how to install this new seal. Please pay close attention to steps (8) thru (11) below. Please stand over your installers shoulder to make sure that the seal corners are placed concentric with the bus body corners. It may be required to stretch the straight sections to place the corners properly. Not placing the pre-formed corners concentric with the bus body corners will result in corner buckling.

1) Gain unobstructed access to the old air seal and HWH track,
2) Pull the HWH nylon retainers away to free the old air seal,
3) Examine the HWH track and slide body for sharp edges that may damage the new seal,
4) Test the HWH air pressure regulator with maximum system input pressure to the regulator. The output pressure should be between 10 to 12 psi,
5) Reduce pressure at the HWH air pressure regulator to the lowest setting. Do not exceed 12 psi,
6) The seal is cleaned prior to shipping,
7) Insert the seal air hose into the opening in the HWH track. On some seal applications the air hose is off center,
8) Position the molded corners concentric with bus body corners. Corners are identified by the two seams adjacent to the corner. These seams are separated by approximately 12 inches,
9) The seal is purposely made slightly smaller than the bus body cutout, some stretching is required to position seal corners properly,
10) Adhere the air seal to the HWH track with RTV Silicon adhesive. Place a dime size dollop of RTV ever four inches and over every screw head holding the HWH aluminum track in place. RTV can be placed over a single layer of HWH double sided sticky tape. Two or more layers of HWH double sided sticky tape should be removed,
11) Place the lower corners first followed by the upper corners. Keep corners concentric and stretch the seal along the straights if necessary,
12) Use short sections of retainer to temporarily hold the seal corners in position,
13) Don't stretch the seal corners over the HWH track corners. Allow the seal corners to rest and relax into the HWH track corner,
14) Use dilute soapy water to lube the HWH nylon retainer for easy insertion,
15) Be very careful to not pinch the seal bead when restoring the slide body back to its normal operating position,
16) Some installations may require mechanical adjustment of the slide body to center the slide in the bus body cutout,
17) Inflate the seal and inspect the circumference for an air tight junction against the side of the slide body,
18) Deflate seal and verify that the air seal bead completely separates from the slide body providing no interference to slide body movement,
19) Extend and retract slide body and verify no contact between the air seal bead and the slide body,
20) If an air tight seal isn't achieved or if the air seal bead interferes with the slide body surface, then adjust the slide body to center the slide in the bus body cutout,
21) Keep the seal inflated for 24 hrs to allow the RTV Silicon to cure.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 09:36
RE: LX and LXi Slide Seal Part Numbers (Brady Seal)
Great info
06-12-2014, 13:08
Hi Bill

My pleasure! Smile

david brady,

09-10-2014, 11:36 (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 12:10 by travelite.)
Just want to let you know that Roger Anderson at DRI also supplies the seal retainer. Ryan Saari (turbokitty on wog) also has a very limited run of retainer but I understand his prices are much higher. It's good to have two sources. Thanks Ryan! Smile

BTW, you can reuse your old retainer at least once.

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)