Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is the right time to retire
04-16-2013, 20:44
RE: When is the right time to retire
Since I turned 65, I perfected the way to install wood on slides- mostly in SOBs- there are a million of them and they have the cash to pay me.
i use to install flooring in Birds- but looks like that market has dried up.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2013, 11:12
A couple of this week's highlights / tips whether you are thinking, planning, or toying with the idea of Retiring or just "transitioning" to another phase of life........planning and info is always good!Wink

Answering Americans' Top Five Questions about Social Security:
http://finance.yahoo.com/photos/american...48261.html

How to see the world and 'arbitrage' your retirement:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/1...DI20130517

I found the last one quite interesting. I've always planned to live 3-5 months per year oversea's enjoying the worlds cultures given all the business travel I've done the past 38 years, never enough time for the worlds beauties when you are under the gun! I've always considered it would be an "expense" much like owning a bird. The last article gives a different view IF you pick the right places to live. FWIW there are hundreds of websites with support networks much like our beloved WaGu for people considering it. Inexpensive places, health info, people to contact and support, etc. that share their experiences to help you have a better result! Enjoy!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
05-30-2013, 01:00 (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 01:01 by Bluebird Bob.)
When your bank account says so and there is something else on the horizon that looks to be more fun or fullfilling.Big Grin

Bob Lawrence
1984 PT36
On the road in the west Cool
05-30-2013, 09:32
(04-16-2013 20:44)ernie ekberg Wrote:  Since I turned 65, I perfected the way to install wood on slides- mostly in SOBs- there are a million of them and they have the cash to pay me.
NOT YET ! I hope.Confused

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
05-30-2013, 09:52 (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 09:56 by pgchin.)
(05-30-2013 01:00)Bluebird Bob Wrote:  When your bank account says so and there is something else on the horizon that looks to be more fun or fullfilling.Big Grin

Right on Bob, no lie!Big Grin Ernie, hang in there, everything comes in cycles.............. that's why you are the master of many coaches!Big Grin think of all the tricks you pick up on the various coaches, THAT knowledge makes you invaluable for someone wanting a upgraded floor done correctly!Wink Plus free parking at Ernie's campground and check cashing service! teehee!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
05-30-2013, 19:15
(04-16-2013 20:44)ernie ekberg Wrote:  Since I turned 65, I perfected the way to install wood on slides- mostly in SOBs- there are a million of them and they have the cash to pay me.

Hey Ernie--

I'm surprised to hear that! Wood is the thing! Whenever I talk to the missus about selling the house, she says, "We'd have to redo the kitchen cabinets first. No one wants dark wood, it is out of fashion."

Where are we in the wood-color fashion cycle?

On topic: I'm waiting 'til my walnut interior is in fashion again. And my double-knit slacks. Fashionable people get invited over for dinner. I figure I can retire a year earlier if someone will feed me. I could retire today but Kibble would be on the menu alot Tongue

-------
Ned Bedinger
Southworth, WA
'91 SP36 +1988.5 Samurai

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)