Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officer Wrote Me A Ticket
05-25-2015, 23:51
RE: Officer Wrote Me A Ticket
(05-25-2015 21:40)davidbrady Wrote:  That's hilarious Tommy. I love the cacophony of all things mechanical, and my only wish is to hear our birds more! They don't make good noise stuffed away in some storage lot or protectively under garage cover. We need to get out and run them pedal-to-the-metal to thoroughly enjoy that noise! Nothing like the 8V two-cycle Ferrari style signature and nor like the S60 overhead cam clatter. Love 'em both! Smile

Fired up our old no muffler 8V92 this morning to leave the Lone Pine, CA campground. Early raisers walked to the street and give a thumbs up as I went by their sites.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2015, 17:34
RE: Officer Wrote Me A Ticket
When I was in the Army at one post my quarters were next to the Motor Pool. Back in the 60's most Army heavy vehicles were 8v92 turbos. I loved to hear them crank up in the morning. Straight pipe GI vehicles; turbos whining, those big 8v92's growling like they were ready to go fight.

Now when we travel in mountainous country, I love coming up on tunnels - I can give mine the pedal and open the driver's window. These old engines ooze with testosterone.

Tommy Rountree, AKA RetDA
Still a Newbie
1994 WB
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)