Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Heaters
09-10-2013, 17:25
RE: Electric Heaters
This is old information and many may already know about it but for those who don't, the Cadet "Perfectoe" Electric Heaters, originally designed for household use, were installed in earlier Wanderlodges (mine being a 94) were recalled because of a fire hazard. Dust bunnies, lint, hair and other stuff would collect around the heating element and catch on fire.

If your Cadet is labeled "Model TK 101" get rid of it. It can be replaced with Cadet Perfectoe 120V/1000W Under Counter Heater (UC101B) the "B" at the end of the UC101 indicates a black one, "W" is white.

I replaced mine in 1999 and ordered them from ACE Hardware on -line. I think the price was around $110.00 each.

Tommy Rountree, AKA RetDA
Still a Newbie
1994 WB
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2013, 22:45 (This post was last modified: 09-10-2013 22:46 by cmillsap.)
RE: Electric Heaters
While we are on the subject of “Electric Heaters”, everyone should be aware of their oddly designed control circuits, especially the front electric heater that is controlled by the analog thermostat under the three zone thermostat. The control circuit for the 120V relay for that heater is wired through the front Air Conditioner switch on the driver’s left console. Further, the circuit breaker in the bedroom is for both.

Consequently, that Front Air Conditioner switch must be “ON” for the front electric heater (usually located under the ‘fridge) to work.

A thread dedicated to documenting some of these type idiosyncrasies found in a Wanderlodge may help other owners use the systems and amenities more easily.

I was busily checking all the bus’s heating and furnace today in preparation for the coming winter trips. I had forgotten about that odd circuit I described above and spent more time than necessary trying to determine why that darn front heater didn’t want to work. I finally remembered about that dang front A/C switch after I had removed the heater and checked for incoming 120V.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)