Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New and Improved Documentation Library
04-12-2013, 10:29 (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 10:35 by travelite.)
RE: Documentation Library
No worries John. WaGu's goDaddy Web Hosting Plan includes unlimited disk space - that's right, keep the files coming folks; we can store as much as we want at no additional charge. Our Documentation Library now contains 1500 files and consumes around 3.5Gig of space. I have another 500 files that need 1Gig of space that I plan to upload. So no worries at all about GoDaddy disk space and the associated costs. Everything you see here on WaGu: MyBB, MySQL, all the Plugins, the Document Library, and all the GoDaddy services, in short everything needed to provide a fully featured, document rich, free expression, free information, online public forum costs only... are you ready?... are you sitting down?

$6.99 per month!

That's the fully loaded monthly financial burden of a public online forum! Folks, keep your donations in your pockets for now... We may find some way to spend them someday, but not on goDaddy as long as they're charging only $6.99. BTW, we're paid up for a two year period.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2013, 11:59 (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 12:26 by travelite.)
I'd love it Rich. I also have a small collection of ads and brochures. Sure, email them to me or post them and I'll add them to the Library. Folks, if you have BB related stuff lying around on various computers and you'd like a backup place to store them, email them to me and I'll upload them to the Library:

dmb993 (AT) earthlink (DOT) net

It's actually easier for me if I receive email. If it's a lot of stuff then USPS a DVD to me, or simply add an attachment to a post. Try to keep attachments in the "Documentation, Articles, and How To's" forum so I know where to look. PM me and I'll give you my USPS address. Thanks!

david brady,

04-12-2013, 13:43 (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 15:34 by Itchintogo.)
6.99 a month to run a forum? Heck I'll take three! Cool And this is current forum software too. Not like some other for profit forums that use out dated older versions of V bulletin and are too cheap to spend 200 bucks to upgrade! Good job David!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
04-12-2013, 13:58
6.99 per month? Wow, who's your daddy now!Angel lil bro,great file system very easy to find things! Many thanks for all your hours of hard work and effort! Dewey decimal system and tax distractions, you crack me up!Big Grin yes the only thing certain in life is death and taxes as they say. And WaGu documentation .

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
04-12-2013, 14:53
David:

I will have to check into the Go Daddy site. I use Dot Easy and I think I am paying more than that with limited bandwidth. I know they bounced me once because of too much traffic.

2003 LXI dbl. slide

George & Norma Fox
Mexico in Winter
Alaska in Summer
http://www.doszorros.com
04-12-2013, 16:20 (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 16:21 by Itchintogo.)
Very good job organizing the database David. This is one of the most proficient user friendly data base implementations I have ever seen. Simple efficient and tidy. Well done!

04-12-2013, 16:20 (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 09:38 by travelite.)
George,

I bought the goDaddy "Ultimate" plan which includes unlimited websites, disk space, databases, and email addresses. I also get their Website Accelerator, Premium DNS, SSL Certificage, and Malware Scanner. I see now the cost for the Ultimate plan is a little more than the 2 year amount I locked in. I pay $6.99. The current rate is $7.49, but goDaddy runs promotions all the time. Keep on the lookout for price specials.

Folks, you'll never see WaGu selling Hats, Caps, or Plaques to offset forum costs. You'll never see Banner Ads either, and if you want me to pull down all your posts I will. WaGu doesn't own your intellectual property, you do! Smile

david brady,

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2013, 16:25 (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 16:26 by Itchintogo.)
And tell us David will you change or alter other peoples posts to suit a particular agenda as we have seen elsewhere in the past?

04-12-2013, 18:54 (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 09:28 by davidbrady.)
(04-12-2013 16:25)Itchintogo Wrote:  And tell us David will you change or alter other peoples posts to suit a particular agenda as we have seen elsewhere in the past?

Never Gary, not during my tenure at WaGu. In my personal opinion what you describe is a deplorable practice and I would never be a member of a forum that practices it. Never...

Thanks Ross,

I received your half gigagbyte 450LXi Owners Manual. I unpacked it and it's now being uploaded to the "Owners Manuals" directory of the WaGu Library.

Folks, Ross used Google Drive to share this file with me. This worked out very well and I encourage it. Take your favorite browser and bring up Google:Drive, upload the file and share it with me. Seamless! Smile

david brady,

04-12-2013, 20:38 (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 20:57 by Itchintogo.)
I have used Google Docs or as they now call it the "Drive" for several years now to work with clients on elaborate spreadsheets for construction budgets and land value estimates for financing purposes of large commercial projects.

I also share videos with friends in Europe with it.

It tracks who makes changes and saves emailing back and forth and ensures everyone is working with a current version if your doing spreadsheet work. I keep track of personal expenses with it and used it yesterday to compare quotes for a truck engine I just bought for a friend. I am in Vancouver and the truck is in Calgary so sharing information was easy peasey.

Hotmail or Live or as it is now known as Outlook these days also has a Skydrive component. It is the same kind of environment I believe although I have not used it. The main difference I see is they actually use Excel and MS Office products so it may or may not format better for existing docs or spreadsheets. Google does a pretty good job as well.

I like the new look and feel of this Skydrive and Outlook. It may actually lure me away from Google who just does a little too much "listening".

Hotmail or Outlook is likely no different in that respect. But it does feel and look nice.

(04-12-2013 18:54)davidmbrady Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 16:25)Itchintogo Wrote:  And tell us David will you change or alter other peoples posts to suit a particular agenda as we have seen elsewhere in the past?

Never Gary, not during my tenure at WaGu. In my personal opinion what you describe is a deplorable practice and I would never be member of a forum that practices it. Never...

That is good to hear David. I would not be a member of such a forum either. It would simply not be worth belonging to even though there may some good people present. Good people always gravitate to good things.

I see that some forums have also changed their terms of service after having been caught red handed breaking their own rules and ejecting people for challenging them on their own indiscretions. Is that a free and open society? I guess they have to change the TOS to wipe the egg off of themselves and look and feel better about it.

My view is that WaGu should not change their TOS if we make a mistake. We should be big enough Men and Women to admit we may have made a mistake. And we will make them for sure! We are only human.

Creating an environment like Facebook where you own everything that is posted is very unhealthy. Kind of smells to me of a dictatorship. Your own words are not your own anymore. Positively Orwellian!

I am so glad to have played a role in helping to create this forum. A sledge hammer is good for loosening and managing brake drums but it sucks and is archaic for managing people.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)