Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very warm welcome to Darrell Snell
03-03-2013, 11:59
RE: A very warm welcome to Darrell Snell
(03-03-2013 09:37)davidmbrady Wrote:  Jim,

Do you have Roger's website or other contact info. I can't seem to locate him. Thanks.

Hi David, email him at roger Berke <roger.berke@gmail.com>

Jim Doel
Perth, Ontario
2007 M380
Stainless Steel
w/26' Featherlight trailer
jimdoel@me.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 11:54 (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 11:55 by pgchin.)
David and Darrell,
Rogers website and Forum

http://www.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/

Darrell,
Roger is a well respected authorized repair technician for aqua hot serving all RV brands with an Aquahot. FYI I buy my service parts from him. As you can see from his website he,ll rebuild your unit for $200 plus parts at list price. IMHO clearly a good deal if you do not have the time or skills to do it yourself. You could ping him to get a feel for what the average rebuild costs most of his customers as a guide. As an engineer and business owner I KNOW you are talented enough and discounted parts are clearly readily available for you to do this yourself with the shop manual I supplied......however only you can decide if you have the time or is it better spent making money!TongueBig Grin At least you now have alternatives to consider.WinkIdea Let us know what you want to do and I'll help point you to some discounted parts if you go that route!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
03-04-2013, 22:14 (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 22:18 by Darrell Snell.)
(03-04-2013 11:54)pgchin Wrote:  David and Darrell,
Rogers website and Forum

Darrell,
Roger is a well respected authorized repair technician for aqua hot serving all RV brands with an Aquahot. FYI I buy my service parts from him. As you can see from his website he,ll rebuild your unit for $200 plus parts at list price. IMHO clearly a good deal if you do not have the time or skills to do it yourself. You could ping him to get a feel for what the average rebuild costs most of his customers as a guide. As an engineer and business owner I KNOW you are talented enough and discounted parts are clearly readily available for you to do this yourself with the shop manual I supplied......however only you can decide if you have the time or is it better spent making money!TongueBig Grin At least you now have alternatives to consider.WinkIdea Let us know what you want to do and I'll help point you to some discounted parts if you go that route!

Thanks Pete
I'll check out Rogers site and I will probably go that route. As you noted, it's all about time.
D

(03-03-2013 09:25)JD33 Wrote:  The fuel pump in my AH failed last spring, we removed the burner assembly and sent it to Roger Berke in Oregon for complete rebuild including new pump, I think that the cost was right around $600 or $700 bucks, had it back in a week good as new.

Thanks Jim
That's the route I will probably go. And likely won't use the AH until late fall!
D
03-17-2013, 21:33
(03-04-2013 22:14)Darrell Snell Wrote:  
Rogers website and Forum

Darrell,

Thanks Pete
I'll check out Rogers site and I will probably go that route. As you noted, it's all about time.
D

(03-03-2013 09:25)JD33 Wrote:  The fuel pump in my AH failed last spring, we removed the burner assembly and sent it to Roger Berke in Oregon for complete rebuild including new pump, I think that the cost was right around $600 or $700 bucks, had it back in a week good as new.

Thanks Jim
That's the route I will probably go. And likely won't use the AH until late fall!
D

Hey Pete
Got a quote back from Roger and everything looks reasonable. But he says the silver control box is iffy. Doesn't seem to shut down repeatedly.
New box=$750.00
Is a better deal for the controls out there?
D
Quote:
03-17-2013, 23:14
Darrell,

I don't have any experience with these folks, but they've been making the rounds on the RV sites, they're worth a try: http://frerichselectronics.com/Home.html

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-18-2013, 10:34 (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 10:34 by gondolaguy.)
Hope they're better at electronics than spelling.
03-18-2013, 12:27 (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 13:13 by pgchin.)
(03-17-2013 21:33)Darrell Snell Wrote:  
Rogers website and Forum

Darrell,

Thanks Pete
D

Thanks Jim
D

Hey Pete
Got a quote back from Roger and everything looks reasonable. But he says the silver control box is iffy. Doesn't seem to shut down repeatedly.
New box=$750.00
D
Quote:

Darrell,
Try these guys:
Webasto dealer like WW Williams (check with Rob Moore in parts at 800-701-9993)

Others have had success there. Here's an out of the box thought, given your current business, can you establish a working relationship with Webasto? :-) Just a thought, it may get you a GREAT price?Big Grin Or any ww williams dealer you feel better about than above, but the one above has been helpful.
FWIW, yeah, that "control box" is expensive. My old model and probably yours has a "deficiency" as you described above. When I bought my new burner from Aquahot in 2007, it had a different part number and EC level then my old one for the control box. When I called them back, they told me the old control boxes behaved as you described by Roger so they updated them, but my old one never did fail........it's still sitting in the garage!Rolleyes

PS Update: Ok, I really am going senile, CRS disease has set in......... The reason they updated the control box was because they "shortened the start up and shutdown time". Every time you start the aquahot and shut it down either by thermostat or switch (manually) the fuel pump runs fuel through the burner to "clean" it. On start up, after so many seconds, the control box starts the ignite sequence. On shut down, the fuel pump runs fuel through it to "clean" the burner and allow for the burner fan to cool it down some. The old control boxes were too long in running and giving them issues on shutdown, like Roger may be seeing. I'd remind him of what the factory said about this just to be sure he isn't used to the new sequence and seeing the old sequence in yours, If he still feels its bad, then I'd agree with him...............

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
03-18-2013, 19:23
(03-18-2013 12:27)pgchin Wrote:  
(03-17-2013 21:33)Darrell Snell Wrote:  
Rogers website and Forum

Darrell,

Thanks Pete
D

Thanks Jim
D

Hey Pete
New box=$750.00
D
Quote:

Darrell,
Try these guys:
Webasto dealer like WW Williams (check with Rob Moore in parts at 800-701-9993)

Others have had success there. Here's an out of the box thought, given your current business, can you establish a working relationship with Webasto? :-) Just a thought, it may get you a GREAT price?Big Grin Or any ww williams dealer you feel better about than above, but the one above has been helpful.
FWIW, yeah, that "control box" is expensive. My old model and probably yours has a "deficiency" as you described above. When I bought my new burner from Aquahot in 2007, it had a different part number and EC level then my old one for the control box. When I called them back, they told me the old control boxes behaved as you described by Roger so they updated them, but my old one never did fail........it's still sitting in the garage!Rolleyes

PS Update: Ok, I really am going senile, CRS disease has set in......... The reason they updated the control box was because they "shortened the start up and shutdown time". Every time you start the aquahot and shut it down either by thermostat or switch (manually) the fuel pump runs fuel through the burner to "clean" it. On start up, after so many seconds, the control box starts the ignite sequence. On shut down, the fuel pump runs fuel through it to "clean" the burner and allow for the burner fan to cool it down some. The old control boxes were too long in running and giving them issues on shutdown, like Roger may be seeing. I'd remind him of what the factory said about this just to be sure he isn't used to the new sequence and seeing the old sequence in yours, If he still feels its bad, then I'd agree with him...............

Hey Pete,
Included with this reply to you is the most resent email from Roger.
Things look good. Out the door $342.00.
Thanks for the hand holding.
D

Darrell :
I assembled your Webasto and only replaced the parts that were on the previous invoice.  I put in used flame sensor and it is working well. 

I tested the Webasto by starting and stopping it about 10 times.  Box worked every time, however I think it is getting weak.

Everything is working just fine and unit is ready for return shipping.

Let me know if you want me to replace any other parts.

Thanks

Roger Berke

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)