Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Newell at Motorhomes of Texas
03-06-2013, 16:01
RE: 2005 Newell at Motorhomes of Texas
i welcome you to post questions to a larger crew on http://www.newellgurus.com

that said,

i think there is a pretty significant price step up from 04 to 05. 05 has the newer roofline and i believe some other things like the multibus etc.

the steerable tag started in 04 sometime (one of our newellguru friends just bought an 04 and it was just before the steerable tag)

as for rebuilding the bedroom, that would be some real serious bucks at newell or some real work on your part. my coach was an indy car coach and had a couch and desk in the bedroom. i have rebuilt it (almost done) with a newell style bed and will soon have the night stands done. that said, my 02 was not as elaborate as this one is in the rear bedroom area. pictures of mine are on my gurus forum gallery. for encantotom

the one thing about coaches, is there is always another one. after having a bath and half, i would really suggest considering that. if you want a 4 slide they started in 2002 and were pretty much standard in a year or two. there are several of our newell guru members that have late 90's to early 2000's with the wood grained interiors that are really beautiful.

as for dining. my coach used to have a dinette and the race team had newell take it out and build a desk and overhead cabinet. my wife and i like having the desk and are not very formal diners. i would guess there is not a pull out table anywhere on the 05. we do eat in alot as well.

tom

2002 Two Slide Newell Coach 608 DD Series 60, Allison 6 speed
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 16:06
(03-06-2013 16:01)encantotom Wrote:  i welcome you to post questions to a larger crew on http://www.newellgurus.com

that said,

i think there is a pretty significant price step up from 04 to 05. 05 has the newer roofline and i believe some other things like the multibus etc.

the steerable tag started in 04 sometime (one of our newellguru friends just bought an 04 and it was just before the steerable tag)

as for rebuilding the bedroom, that would be some real serious bucks at newell or some real work on your part. my coach was an indy car coach and had a couch and desk in the bedroom. i have rebuilt it (almost done) with a newell style bed and will soon have the night stands done. that said, my 02 was not as elaborate as this one is in the rear bedroom area. pictures of mine are on my gurus forum gallery. for encantotom

the one thing about coaches, is there is always another one. after having a bath and half, i would really suggest considering that. if you want a 4 slide they started in 2002 and were pretty much standard in a year or two. there are several of our newell guru members that have late 90's to early 2000's with the wood grained interiors that are really beautiful.

as for dining. my coach used to have a dinette and the race team had newell take it out and build a desk and overhead cabinet. my wife and i like having the desk and are not very formal diners. i would guess there is not a pull out table anywhere on the 05. we do eat in alot as well.

tom
Thank you Tom, I appreciate your input! Yes, your forum is on my "to do" list.......Big Grin Thanks again!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
03-06-2013, 16:06
Pete,

When you get ready to go to Miami, let me know. I lived a little south of there for 4 years. And it's pronounced "my-am-a", not "my-am-ee"! You'll sound like you know something when you're in the area!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-06-2013, 16:12
(03-06-2013 16:06)Arcticdude Wrote:  Pete,

When you get ready to go to Miami, let me know. I lived a little south of there for 4 years. And it's pronounced "my-am-a", not "my-am-ee"! You'll sound like you know something when you're in the area!

Many thanks Articdude, I'll pm you when we dial in the trip info! Thanks again!!!!Big GrinTongueWink

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
03-06-2013, 16:12
Hmm this coach will sleep alot of people. At least 3 kids all with their own bed. I wonder who I know that is looking for something like this???Angel

Nice to have this functionality with out bunks although you do have to make up beds.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
03-06-2013, 16:49
Yeah,
I wonder who needs a lot of beds, Gary!Rolleyes Thanks to Tom's explanation I just went back and looked at the pics again. Now the bedroom makes sense in the pics, I must be dumb as a rock as now I get it. Murphy bed on the one aft cabin slide, couch under the TV on the other aft cabin slide. I was actually in a high end SOB set up like that in the aft cabin. Pretty cool deal actually. It really depends on how they built the Murphy bed. Could be great, could be as Tom said,............. no way to tell unless you inspect in person....wait ROAD TRIPWinkBig GrinTongue !!!!! Bruce, you are "da man", thanks for sharing.....I'm about 18 months out for an upgrade so by all means have at it!Wink

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
03-06-2013, 17:02
I quite like the Murphy bed idea in a MH. Very good use of space and in a coach of this quality I would think the bed should be pretty decent.

If not it is something you could remediate for not too much money.

Plus the front beds occupied at night leaves Mom and Dad some wine time in the back! Uh oh could need even more beds!

And making up the beds everyday will keep the old feller in shape! Cool

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
03-06-2013, 17:14 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 17:17 by cmillsap.)
(03-06-2013 17:02)Itchintogo Wrote:  I quite like the Murphy bed idea in a MH. Very good use of space and in a coach of this quality I would think the bed should be pretty decent.

If not it is something you could remediate for not too much money.

Plus the front beds occupied at night leaves Mom and Dad some wine time in the back! Uh oh could need even more beds!

And making up the beds everyday will keep the old feller in shape! Cool

Gary,

I'm not sure but I think the slide(s) have to be out to lower the Murphy bed. I am also not sure whether only one slide being out will suffice or both need to be extended......... I think that is what a Newell salesman told me???

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
03-06-2013, 17:55 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 17:56 by davidbrady.)
(03-06-2013 15:19)encantotom Wrote:  1. valid ball bearing slides
2. opposing couches up front. i love that
3. really cool desk (no dinette, but mine has a desk instead too so i like that)
4. STEERABLE TAG
5. new body style with the rooflines.
6. ducted hidden roof airs instead of basement airs
7. super pretty wood colored cabinets (couldnt tell if it was wood veneer or laminate)
8. it has the executive step which is like a concrete step coming out. totally stable. 10x the kwikee
9. i also think it has the flush windows.
tom

Hey Tom, thanks for your insight. Yes, that cantilevered stairway definitely caught my eye. That's a very stout structure and certainly lives up to the air operated and sealed entry door.

Having three little ones to tote around, the murphy bed is a real attraction, especially with the TV option. The idea of stuffing them into the aft compartment, closing all the pocket doors, and nestling in seclusion and comfort in the salon is too appealing.

Tom, is '05 the year when Newell started using Valid? Thanks!

David

(03-06-2013 16:49)pgchin Wrote:  Yeah,
I wonder who needs a lot of beds, Gary!Rolleyes Thanks to Tom's explanation I just went back and looked at the pics again. Now the bedroom makes sense in the pics, I must be dumb as a rock as now I get it. Murphy bed on the one aft cabin slide, couch under the TV on the other aft cabin slide.

Pete,

Don't feel bad, I didn't notice the lack of a dinette until someone mentioned! It's amazing what can be tuned out when a Super Model is staring you in the face! Smile

And, yes, I need beds, and beds, and more beds! LOL Smile

(03-06-2013 17:14)cmillsap Wrote:  Gary,

I'm not sure but I think the slide(s) have to be out to lower the Murphy bed. I am also not sure whether only one slide being out will suffice or both need to be extended......... I think that is what a Newell salesman told me???

It's a perennial question, isn't it Chuck, what exactly the coach is like with the slides retracted versus extended, how much of the coach is useable with everything retracted. My wife would never accept a coach that didn't allow her to watch a movie, in bed, with the kids, as we bump on down the road!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-06-2013, 18:41
Give me a few weeks and I hope I can get away on a Friday to check it out. My wife has doubts about the bed as well. As far as eating, not sure we have ever eaten in our coach unless it was grilled and outside. We are addicted to trying restaurants in the areas we travel. I am sure the Labs would love all the sofas!
Stay tuned, thanks for all the comments.

Bruce & Sally Summerlin
2000LXi. 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Germantown, TN

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)