Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 XL Air Springs
05-11-2021, 21:33
2009 XL Air Springs
We blew out an air spring and cannot find a replacement.
Does anyone know of a company that supplies a Cross Interchange part for a

CF Gomma 1SC 360-30 / 92594. That is what is on our coach. They seem to be obsolete.

2009 BB Wanderlodge Premier XL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2021, 11:04
RE: 2009 XL Air Springs
Here's the CF Gomma cross page:

https://www.airspringsbook.com/en-US/Pro...sc-36030/1

If you look part way down the first section, you'll see the Firestone number is either a W010950207 or a 1R1D355355, or a Goodyear 9007. They do list a second set of numbers, with apparently the same CF Gomma part, but that's a tapered bag. The detail link from the site I posted will let you see and compare both side by side. That should get you the right bag.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
05-13-2021, 16:49
Thank you, I have been to that site and I know which bags are comparable but the problem is where to buy them. No one seems to carry any of the bladders that I have cross referenced.
05-13-2021, 17:35 (This post was last modified: 05-13-2021 17:47 by Arcticdude.)
Yes, I unfortunately ran up against that after I posted. I went searching to try to find them and came up empty handed. Are yours the tapered version or straight walled?

Here's the Meritor cross reference page. It got me a little closer, but I still did not find an exact replacement. There is a listing for Fruehauf and Van Hool OEM part numbers, so that may get you closer.

The link:

http://meritor-aftermarket.eu/files/05_I...prings.pdf

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
05-14-2021, 17:28
Hi

I know the frustration. I found the numbers for mine by going to a Blue Bird authorized part center. At firs he said he really couldn't help because Blue Bird stopped supplying all the parts for the Wanderlodge. He than asked me for the vin number and he plugged it into his system and it gave him some discontinued "Ride well" kits, with several additional numbers. I called Ride Well and luckily got ahold of a very nice person - He went into his system and gave me both Firestone and Good Year numbers. He said the Firestone numbers are usually easier to find. They were four digit numbers which I had trouble finding. I than looked at an earlier thread on this link and saw the same numbers with additional numbers in front of them. I have not ordered yet - but many places on the internet sell the "Air Springs".

Hopefully this helps.

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
05-24-2021, 22:31
Like Urnie, I was able to take part numbers to my local Bluebird school bus dealer and they had no problem ordering replacements from Bluebird. The little lady on the parts desk is quite good at finding everything I’ve ever asked her for.

Good luck.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
05-25-2021, 01:16
I bought 8 new Connect brand air springs because they were less expensive, but not made in China. A few days ago I had to remove one and discovered that the bottom stud wanted to wind out instead of the nut coming off. It was frustrating because the stud bottomed out against the suspension and was jammed. I got it turned back in enough to find there is a hex in the bottom of the stud so I could get a key on it and stop it from spinning. I wish now I had tightened all the studs and loctited them during installation. Just something to consider as it was a pain to deal with.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2021, 18:48 (This post was last modified: 05-26-2021 18:53 by Arcticdude.)
I don't know if this helps or not, but that chassis should be very close to the 450's. See how a W01-358-9459 bag compares to your tag bags. I don't have numbers for the steer or drive yet. I'll work on those.

on edit, I'm finding the drive bags are possibly the same 9459 as the tags.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
06-08-2021, 12:15 (This post was last modified: 06-08-2021 16:52 by Arcticdude.)
These are definitely some elusive bags! It appears that they are common in Europe, but virtually unknown stateside. I may be putting together a group order for them, so if anybody sees this and wants to add their order, please let me know.

on edit------ I think I've found a supplier stateside with very reasonable pricing. Let me do some more verifying and I'll post back as soon as I know.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
06-08-2021, 20:40
Something to keep in mind is that the new bags, or at least the non goodyear bags seem to have done away with the rubber bumper inside that allowed you to get home. I just replaced all 8 from two different suppliers (Connect and I do not remember who supplied the fronts) and they all have a rounded piece of composite instead. Its rough enough trying to drive with the bags deflated but with the new cheapo setup it will be much worse. Also, be sure to loc-tite the stud or it winds out when you try to remove the bolt later, which makes a not fun job much worse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)