Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 LXi headlight covering
06-30-2019, 23:34
RE: 2001 LXi headlight covering
Hi

I really need to bring this up again - hopefully there is a solution. I contacted Randy Dupree and he said he has some but will not be able to do anything until September. I have read that the Dupree units do not fit well but I would like to hear back from someone that actually installed them and possibly someone would have a passenger's side they would sell.

Does anyone know if the amber lens are available - I have to believe that Wanderlodge didn't make a special lens but used a standard.

I need to let a body shop know if they should make a fiberglass mold to make a replacement. Most of the work is in making the mold. Has anyone done this and would be willing to sell me a unit? If I have one made would anyone be willing to buy some to soften the cost of the mold?

My wife is insisting on getting this done - any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Urnie

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2019, 23:43
RE: 2001 LXi headlight covering
Hi

I am having a local body shop make the passenger's side headlight cover.

I would think that Wanderlodge used a standard orange plastic lenses for the holes in the cover. Does anyone know where to purchase these inserts.

I am also open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Urnie

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)