Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel discount program
08-03-2019, 23:15 (This post was last modified: 08-03-2019 23:21 by Arcticdude.)
Fuel discount program
I saw this in the Newell forum and it seems to be generating a fair bit of interest on several other sites as well. I’ve just copied and pasted the post and have not yet tried getting the card. Several others on that forum have and reported great results.

I have found a new Diesel Fleet Fuel Discount Program . The TSD Logistics company provides an EFS fleet fuel card now to Motorhome owners. This is the card large trucking companies give to their drivers.

The discount on diesel fuel at Loves Truck Stops is 40 cents plus. TA/Petro provides a discount of 30 cents plus and Pilot is only about 5 cents plus. TSD earns a fee for processing the transaction of 10% of the discount. Even with the 4 cent fee at Loves in my area, diesel is less than my farm friend pays for 3000 to 5000 gallons bulk purchase. This is an excellent discount that will save you money. There is no annual fee or cost beyond the 10% of the discount. The discount is only at the mentioned truck stops at truck pumps.

AND the discount is calculated from posted cash price – not credit price. So, if you have been paying credit price, this is 5 to 10 cents more savings.

I am providing a link below after the program description to click to access the application forms. PLEASE note there is a referral blank. Please fill in Rudy Legett and/or Newell Guru forum so TSD knows how many folks the forum is providing.

THE PROGRAM

The program will require you to fill out a form authorizing Automated Clearing House Transactions (ACH Debit) and a EFS Fuel Card form with your information. There are terms and conditions you should read to understand your participation in the program.

There is no annual fee. TSD Logistics collects its fees by retaining 10% of the fuel savings.
You will be provided with a complete listing of TSD Logistics fuel prices based on state and city for Love’s, TA/Petro and Pilot / Flying J.

Your participation in the program is limited to only diesel fuel, DEF, and propane. Discounts only apply to diesel fuel purchased at truck islands.

The way the fuel discount program works is TSD Logistics will issue you a card. At the pump you will swipe the card and you will enter needed security information. When the pump is activated, pump your fuel, hang up the nozzle and drive away. At the end of the day or the following day you will receive an email summary of the transaction. The funds will automatically be deducted from the account you provided.

This program will provide deep discounts at Love’s locations and while there are no penalties for low volume purchases please understand each transaction has a cost to TSD. We would encourage users of the program to act responsibly by using the program for large fuel purchases so we remain in good standing with the program provider.

In the event you need to communicate at any time with team at the fuel desk at TSD Logistics you may call or email the following:
Fuel Desk: 1-800-275-5089
Tara Rape
Direct: 903-831-8944
Cell: 903-748-6896
Email: Trape@tsdinc.com
Gina Leeper
Direct: 903-831-8941
Email: Gleeper@tsdinc.com
Courtney Mosley
Direct: 903-831-8906
Email: Cmosley@tsdinc.com

The link:
https://1f1awk3ssxnh1dst4h3mt0vu-wpengin...-forms.pdf

Fax the forums to the following number. Email is available but not secure.
Fax – 972.499.1395

People are reporting up to a $0.45/gal discount after the fees are deducted. That should get the bigger stops very close to the costs of the smaller and harder to use fuel places. At least it’s another option.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2019, 12:29
RE: Fuel discount program
They've now got the application online, so you don't need to do a paper one anymore. Here's the link:

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/fuel-card-application-rv/

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
09-25-2019, 15:37
Hi

I tried this program this last week and any savings is great.

I made it a point to stop at a Loves station because they seemed to have the greatest discount.

It does take a few days to get your receipt - I thought it would be in a few minutes. Not really a problem but I just wanted to confirm the savings.

I was hoping for a $0.40 discount but it ended up being about $0.15

Is this what others are seeing?

thanks

Urnie

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
09-25-2019, 16:49
Urnie,

I have not tried it yet, but others have reported a much larger savings that what you've experienced. I hope it was just a fluke and the next one is much better for you.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
11-23-2019, 13:43
Hi

Sorry this took so long to reply - I was kicked off the system for awhile.

I know the first time I used this program I was not very pleased. I found that the fuel program has a "PRICE LOCATOR" This will show the price at different stations. The variance can be from a few cents to close to $.50
The program saved me over $150.00 on my last trip from the Chicago area to Greenville South Carolina.

It is a GREAT Fuel Savings - plus you just put the info in at the pump and when done drive off.
Thanks ARTICDUDE for sharing this.

Urnie

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
03-08-2020, 22:19
Just as additional follow up, I finally got around to using this program and my savings from the listed cash prices, after including TDS fees, were $.469/gal and $.583/gal. For two fill ups of 135 and 107 gals that was a savings of $126.xx off the total cash price sales on the pumps of $638. Better than any 4 or 5% rewards credit card.

As mentioned the best discounts are at Loves. The price locator shows the discounts so you can plan ahead on your travels to find the best deals. I would also mention that Loves biodiesel content ranges from 0-20%, so I also preview the Loves sites on their website to also find the stations with the lowest bio fuel content.

Great program.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
03-09-2020, 13:24
I saw something this weekend that Pilot/Flying J are no longer accepting this discount program. So you may want to confirm before filling up at either of these stations.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
03-15-2020, 21:07
That is true as of this weekend per the TSD site. Seems like “Good” Sam heard of this program and notified/reminded Pilot that they had an exclusive contract with them to provide a few pennies of discounts for RVs while keeping the rest. I personally don’t go to that brand anyway. This program’s best discounts are at Loves anyway. As an example, I purchased $525.72 at cash prices today. My real cost is $352.93 after all TSD fees, for an average of $1.744/gal. Bad Sams can keep their 8cent discount or whatever it is now! I’m plenty satisfied with the TSD program.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
03-16-2020, 12:46
That's a great (for the times!) price. All it takes is a little planning to get to a Love's instead of PFJ. I have heard that TDS has an app that helps locate participating fuel locations, but I did not find it when I just looked in the app store. Does anybody have any further info about that?

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
[+] 1 user Likes Arcticdude's post
03-17-2020, 00:44 (This post was last modified: 03-17-2020 00:45 by Deb N Randy.)
Search for EFS in app store

Turner's on Tour
'97 Wanderlodge 43'
Full-timers originally from Wilmington, NC

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)