Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning about the cult of Wanderlodge
04-13-2019, 09:56 (This post was last modified: 04-13-2019 10:00 by TheKGB.)
Learning about the cult of Wanderlodge
Greetings:

I'm looking to purchase a motor home in the next year so I'm trying to get educated. I've been lurking on some Wanderlodge sites and forums for a few months. I've always been partial to the Wanderlodge. My father came close to buying one back in the early 1980's. That impression of the fine build quality and craftsmanship has never left me. Now, I'm looking to retire, buy an RV and Wanderlodge is at the top of my list.

Questions:

1. Can you compare Wanderlodge ownership to the classic car hobby? It seems that the Wanderlodge has a cult following. There is an air of mystery associated with any Bird. I compare it to showing up at a classic car meet and a guy pulls up with a Packard, a Duesenberg or a Tucker--or some other automobile that is rarely seen but highly revered. The other car guys look on with awe and amazement. Is this a correct assumption?

2. How hard is it locate parts for the drive train and chassis?

3. Could I expect a well maintained Bird to be reliable and relatively trouble free? I realize that I would be looking at a twenty to thirty year old Bird and things wear out, need to be replaced, etc. Motor homes need attention and maintenance--similar to owning a boat or an aircraft.

I thank you all in advance for your replies.

Keith Burnett
Atlanta GA
No Bird yet. Looking to get one soon!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Learning about the cult of Wanderlodge - TheKGB - 04-13-2019 09:56

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)