Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung Refrigerator for 2001 LXi
03-16-2019, 17:00
RE: Samsung Refrigerator for 2001 LXi
No need to remove the chair.

Remove reefer doors, etc.
Cut shipping box down to reefer size.
Have the two grunts lift the empty box through to see where to angle, turn, protect, adjust, etc.
Then they do not fight each other with the real thing.

Works great. Not my idea, but many have used it.

Have had our Samsung for five years. Wouldn't leave home without it.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rrueckwald's post
03-19-2019, 22:23
Good advice
What I want to try and do this weekend is to temporary remove the Dometic. Before I start tearing everything out to find out how it is mounted - does anyone know where the mounting locations are?

My wife is pushing hard to get this completed.

What model should I look for? It seems the counter depth is the best.

Thanks

Urnie

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
03-27-2019, 20:58 (This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 21:05 by Urnie-Medie.)
Hopefully some one can give me some advice.

I have the Dometic refrigerator about ready to come out to do the measurements for the Samsung.
Can someone please give me some advice on how to disconnect / remove the chimney (not sure that is the correct term but I know you will know)

I will appreciate any help. I really need to get the Samsung ordered so I can have the coach ready in a few weeks.

Thanks

Urnie

I thought I just asked the following but not sure -

Hopefully some one can help me.

I just about have the Dometic ready to remove so I can measure for the Samsung.

Can someone please tell me how to remove the chimney (not sure that is the correct term but I am sure you will know what I mean). If not remove how to disconnect from the refrigerator so I can slide the Dometic out.

I will truly appreciate any help. I would like to get the Samsung ordered this weekend.

Thanks

Urnie

Do you bother to plug the vent on top of the coach - not sure why it would cause a problem to have it remain open.

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
03-27-2019, 23:40
In looking further it looks to me like the flue is attached to the refrigerator. If I do not hear different I am just going to shove the unit out and hopefully the flue comes with the refrigerator.

Please let me know if I am correct.

Thanks

Urnie

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
03-30-2019, 17:10
After removing the Dometic I see that what I thought was a flue is a flue but it is not attached to the chimney.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get the Samsung 18 cu ft into the slot.

The width is ok.

The depth concerns me - The Samsung will stick out a little over 4" I am open to any suggestions - My thought is to remove the back wall and increase the depth a couple of inches. PLEASE ADVISE IF THIS IS A WISE MOVE - NOT SURE WHAT ALL IS BEHIND THESE WALLS.

The height needs to be increased - this will mean removing the cabinet above the Dometic. IS THIS WISE.

Am I using the wrong Samsung?

Not sure if I can put my phone number here but I will try 630-561-5745

thanks

Urnie

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
04-01-2019, 00:26
The wall will be something like 5/8" plywood screwed to the bus wall stringers (metal) with some insulation (prob sprayed foam) in the void between the plywood and outer skin. You won't gain much depth in doing so. Many folks have to remove/modify either the upper cabinet or the lower one when they replace the OEM fridge with something newer. That's pretty normal. Either fortunately or unfortunately, only you can decide if the 4" intrusion is viable in your coach. Everybody tends to have different thoughts regarding that. Some don't care, others look for a less deep unit.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
04-01-2019, 00:29
The wall will be something like 5/8" plywood screwed to the bus wall stringers (metal) with some insulation (prob sprayed foam) in the void between the plywood and outer skin. You won't gain much depth in doing so. Many folks have to remove/modify either the upper cabinet or the lower one when they replace the OEM fridge with something newer. That's pretty normal. Either fortunately or unfortunately, only you can decide if the 4" intrusion is viable in your coach. Everybody tends to have different thoughts regarding that. Some don't care, others look for a less deep unit.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
[+] 1 user Likes Arcticdude's post
04-02-2019, 20:10
Quote:The depth concerns me - The Samsung will stick out a little over 4"

I think what you're seeing is normal. All of the Samsung installs that I've seen stick out a little. I think you're doing good if that 4" includes the handles.

Kevin & Kerry
1997 WLWB 43' "BB Belle"
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
[+] 2 users Like Kev's post
04-03-2019, 11:04
3 1/2" without handles, 6" with handles.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
09-22-2019, 16:50
Well I finally got the Samsung installed. Several times during the installation I thought I must be crazy.
Now it is in and we just did our first trip - my wife loves it - not the same response while the installation was going.
We just came back from a short four day trip and because of the heat the generator was running most of the time while not parked. When I was not hooked up and not using the generator I found that the invertors do not power the receptible at the back of the refrigerator. I understand because when there was no power the propane would take over.
To save me some time can anyone tell me how to make sure that outlet is tied into the invertors.
Maybe I just need to find a live outlet from the invertor and connect some wires.
I will appreciate any suggestions.
I also want to thank everyone that helped me with making this change - especially Ron R.

thanks
Urnie

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)