Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
1983 FC31 @ Craig's List on 07-15-16
07-16-2016, 14:06
1983 FC31 @ Craig's List on 07-15-16
F.Y.I.

https://asheville.craigslist.org/rvs/5684926183.html

24 Pictures, Brown & Cream. $27.5K. Near Ashville, NC.

"This is our 1983 Bluebird Wanderlodge 31'FC. It had been garaged for 15 years when we purchased it in September of 2014. It had been maticulously maintained. Now its our full time home and chariot of FIRE! It has a 250hp Cat 3208 turbo diesel engine and an Allison transmission. Its all STEEL and weighs in at about 32,000 lbs. We LOVE The Ghost Cat. We purchased brand new Micheline tires in October of 2014. We also installed a swing out radiator modification that allows you to swing the radiator out while full so you can always access the engine easily from the front and rear. We have a tremendous amount of owners manuals and records from the previous owner (takes up an entire cabinet).
*This bus and our family was featured on a Morgan Spurlock documentary that aired on CMT last year called "FREEDOM, The Movie" You can watch it on CMT or Amazon video if you want to see it.

*This IS NOT a homemade converted bus. The WANDERLODGE was built by the factory and is the most solid and amazing RV on the planet. It passes the government rollover inspection. The roof is built to hold the entire weight of the bus without collapsing. It also is covered with diamond plate on top of the steal, AMAZING.

*So many things have been replaced and updated that I can't list them all. It always starts right up and drives like a Cadillac. It has been amazingly dependable. Only ever broke down once and it was simply a clogged fuel filter. You will be in AWE of the mechanical condition and beauty.

Here are some of the upgrades:
1. New FlexSteel front seats
2. Rear View Camera with Side View Cameras too
3. Newer Flexsteel Jackknife Sleeper Sofa
4 Opposite Couch Upholstered to Match the New Flex Steel
5. Swing Out Radiator Mod
6. Nice CD Player with sound throughout the bus
7.New Brisk Air II Air Conditioner in the front
8. Almost New Micheline tires all around
9. Most Lighting converted to L.E.D.
10. 4 cylinder Powerful Generator (will run both air units at once)
11. Air Ride Suspension
12. New Steering Wheel Leather (had to be sent to TX to have done, its perfect).
13 4 New Deep Cycle 6 volt batteries installed in October 2014
14. All Vinyle Striping has been removed and painted back on with Body Shop paint. (looks fantastic)

We picked this bus up in Connecticut and drove it back to TN then we have had it all over Florida to the Keys 2 winters in a row and we just drove it to OK and back. We pull our Suburban behind and it pulls it great.

Call me to arrange a viewing. I am open to a partial trade just tell me what you have. This bus is THE ABSOLUTE BEST CONDITION FOR THIS YEAR OF ANY I HAVE EVER SEEN. You have to see it to believe.

A few things it needs.
-The rear air just went out. I have replaced them before and I could replace this one for you if you desired.
- There are some upholstery repairs to be done on the couch. It has just separated from the seams but I think it can be sown up to look great. I will probably do this soon.
-We are currently giving it a good cleaning as it has been our home for almost 2 years.
It has one scrape in the back were I hit a small rock. You can see it in one of the pics. Its on the passenger rear bottom.

-There are several other small things I could show someone if they are serious when you come to look at it.

We have a clear title in hand and ready to sell. Please only serious buyers that have cash as this is a vintage classic and could be more challenging to finance than a regular new fiberglass rv. "

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2016, 15:50
RE: 1983 FC31 @ Craig's List on 07-15-16
6 people in a 31 footer- Oh, my

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
07-16-2016, 18:00
Ernie,
Good Point!!!!!
You might want to mention to them (or the new owners)...
that you can supply new flooring. Big Grin LOL!

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
07-16-2016, 18:07
There was a fella in Conn. that had this- maybe Harry Field?

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
08-09-2016, 23:27
If that Was a 31' I would still go see it. Turbo 31's seem hard to find.
08-09-2016, 23:53
Just not many 31T's made. They do come up, so keep watching.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
08-10-2016, 19:30
I sure would like to find a late 80's with turbo and all the goodies all clean and road ready!

And while I'm dreaming, why not make it blue and cream paint scheme with a center queen bed.

Oh yeah, let's dream that it's all for $20k

I don't want to wake up yet. <Smile>

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)