Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your EXPERIENCED Input on SOB...
06-09-2016, 23:17 (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 23:40 by travelite.)
RE: Need your EXPERIENCED Input on SOB...
Thanks for the correction Chuck. Things like the built-in ironing board, the Aquahot, the tank sizes, and the fit and finish of the interior lead me to believe this is a professional conversion. (The diy homebrew bus owner/converter doesn't install an Aquahot). I think it looks good and at the price listed it should make someone a very nice motorhome. There's just a few questions to be answered. Smile

BTW, I think those 1 and 1.5 ton "house heat units" could be a maintenance and repair problem depending upon parts availability, or more likely lack thereof. In the early days Vantare used an RVAC which worked well when it was supported but today parts are no longer available and folks have to swap them out for something else. Coleman makes something that sort of fits but it's a bear to adapt and usually much of the ducting needs to be reworked. There were few home units that worked on 120VAC most were 240, also the RVAC was interesting because it had two stage compressor system which helped it work on low amperage hookups. You could connect both compressors to one leg or wire them to separate legs. There was a time delay to prevent both compressors from starting simultaneously and throwing a breaker.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need your EXPERIENCED Input on SOB... - davidbrady - 06-09-2016 23:17

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)