Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1994 WLWB40 @ EBAY, Bids End on 05-14-16 (NO Reserve)
05-09-2016, 18:36 (This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 01:22 by PhrankinPhoenix.)
1994 WLWB40 @ EBAY, Bids End on 05-14-16 (NO Reserve)
F.Y.I.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Bluebird-Wa...3641.l6368

++ Pictures, Aqua & White w/Brown & Red Stripes. 151.3K Miles. NO RESERVE. Dealer in Ft.Worth, TX.

"1994 Bluebird Wanderlodge 40 WB with only 151k miles. We sold this on EBAY a few weeks ago. The customer came in and ended up upgrading to a $100k coach so we are listing it again. This incredible rig is powered by a Detroit 500Hp engine which is paired with a Allison six speed world transmission. Coach was recently acquired from the original owner which only sold because she was no longer able to travel. Coach was kept in a indoor temperature controlled storage facility and it shows. The exterior of the coach is in great condition and has no body damage of any kind. All the paint is in great shape and looks incredible. Coach has tons of storage with full pass thru storage with slide trays. Coach also has outdoor entertainment center, slide tool box and outdoor sliding grill. The interior is also in great shape and has no smells and has never seen pets or smoke. Coach has all the high-end features you would find in a custom home. All systems are in god working order and coach is ready to hit the road. If you are looking at Bluebirds then you already know the quality they were built with. This bus was side by side with Prevost, Newell and Foretravel the year it was built. Coach has all solid surface counter tops, real tile flooring, laminate cabinetry and was built with great care and pride. If you have been on the hunt for a very nice Bluebird wide body than don't miss this one. Coach has new batteries out in 16 and coach is powered by a 15KW Powertech generator which starts and runs like new. I am running this coach on a No reserve auction so it will sell to the highest bidder. Must see this bus in person to appreciate."

Here is a link to over a 100 Pictures: http://s782.photobucket.com/user/jwulla/...20Bluebird

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2016, 21:28
RE: 1994 WLWB40 on EBAY, Bids End on 05-14-16 (NO Reserve)
This is very tempting. Especially when I compare it against the cost I am looking at spending to have my 1987 painted along with interior upgrades.

Jerry Kocher
1987 PT38 (8V92)
"The Wayward Bird"
San Francisco, CA
05-10-2016, 01:17 (This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 01:23 by PhrankinPhoenix.)
RE: 1994 WLWB40 @ EBAY, Bids End on 05-14-16 (NO Reserve)
"This is very tempting."

Be VERY CAREFUL with this one.
It's a sale by a dealer in TX that really wants to sell this coach (read the description) that has been sitting around for to long.

In just one day (5/9/16, very early in the bidding process) the bids have jumped DRASTICALLY!
Also, ALL the bids have been from "private listing - bidders' identities protected" (a bit unusual, for ALL of them, ?)...
I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer isn't manipulating the bidding process (in some way) to "boost" the bids and consequently the profit margin on this coach.
This sort of defeats the "NO RESERVE" position.

The recent 2016 "comps" on this year and condition are in the $60K - $65K range.
I would think that the bidding would fall short of that ($45K - $55K) given that the bidding history has been "weak" for Birds in the last month.
If I were bidding on this coach I'd have bidding software in-place and "sit-tight" until the very end of the time-limit with a very "solid" maximum price.

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
05-10-2016, 08:26
I went thru this coach over a week ago. Sunday, Brenda and I drove by the lot and where there were 15 coaches, plus this bird, there were now 3 and no bird. Fellow that was working there said that coach had sold. He also said that the rest of the coaches were taken to auction. Weird- why would you take coaches back to where you bought them from. The coach looked pretty good. Did not have time to do a thorough inspection. Beware of this one.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
05-14-2016, 14:05 (This post was last modified: 05-14-2016 15:50 by PhrankinPhoenix.)
F.Y.I.
This Coach sold for $46.1K.
It had 49 bids (10 on the final day) from 17 bidders.

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)