Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
1983 FC35 @ EBAY, Bids End 05-05-16
04-29-2016, 13:00
1983 FC35 @ EBAY, Bids End 05-05-16
F.Y.I.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Bluebird-Wa...3641.l6368

This is the same bus (& exact same pictures - had 120K miles) that sold on EBAY From Holland, MI 01/2016 for $40K.

Lots of Pictures, Dk. Red, Gold & Grey. 123K Miles. Near Troy, OH.

This bus was fun to own and you will love it!!! I'm selling it because our family is expanding and we can no longer fit comfortably in the bus. This bus turns heads everywhere that it goes. The young to old always have something to say or ask about this beauty.
1. New 250 H.P. 3208 Cat Diesel (not a re manufactured) installed at Michigan Cat on December of 2015. Only 100 miles put on since install. (See more on this below).
2. New brakes and drums.
3. New air bags.
4. New shocks.
5. New brake reservoirs.......they may be called something else but they are the canistors by each wheel that activates the brakes.
6. Tires are michelin and in good shape, mounted on Alcoa wheels.
7. New re corded radiator which has the swing out option installed.
8. New alternator.
9. 4:30 rear end. (This change makes this bus a legit coast to coast bus, set the cruise at 2400 rpm and that puts you at 70-71 mph, right in the sweet spot).
10. New microwave/convection oven thats never been used.
11. New house water pump.
12. New upholstery at dinette.
13. Custom wood work inside with a western theme. (All bedding and pillows stay. I removed the throw rugs, guns, wall art, they do not go with the bus. The gun rack was made to accommodate two model 94 Winchester rifles, it could very easily accommodate a different style or be easily removed).
14. New rebuilt generator head a few months ago.
15. New insulation in generator bay.
16. New batteries a little over a year ago.
17. New battery charger/inverter.
18. LED Lights.
19. New spot lights.
20. New brake control.
21. New king cruise.
22. New belts and hose.
23. New engine water pump.
24. All LP furnaces have been gone thru and serviced and the 3 cruise air units work perfect.
25. New Kenwood bluetooth stereo system.
26. New Winegard in motion satelite doom.
27. New starter.
28. New headlight relay so lights are very bright.
Everything works! Dash air is only exception, they never worked. The 3 cruise air units work fantastic however.

One item that needs attention is the back bumper, since i had it, had a little damage to it, creased it to point that the chrome flaked off in the area; its by the ladder.

In regards to item 1, the previous owner noticed that the old engine developed or had a coolant leak he was not aware of and after pulling the heads at Michigan Cat of Grand Rapids Michigan it was determined the damage was too much and too risky to try and get a new set of head gaskets to seal. He found a 29k mile Cat 3208 250 H.P. at Frontier Truck Parts in Grand Rapids, Michigan which they removed from a 1990 Ford fire truck which was parked too close to a fire and the back end burnt. Michigan Cat removed all of the mounting brackets from the old engine and put them on the new one and reinstalled. Before they installed it he had them drop the oil pan and replace all the main and rod bearings and put a new oil pan gasket on, they installed a new rear main seal as well some other seals that were very accessible while the engine was on the stand, the valve cover gaskets were replaced and the valve lash checked. Again, this not re manufactured engine, this is as close to getting a zero mile production engine you can get........and it PURRRRRZZZ!! There were no modifications done to the bus to install this engine, it is the exact same engine with the exception it is 7 years newer and a 250 H.P. version. The extra 25 H.P. comes from a larger intake manifold and a larger turbo, everything else is the same.

This bus was fun to own and you will love it!!! I'm selling it because our family is expanding and we can no longer fit comfortably in the bus.
Any questions, please call me at 740-525-8342. Thanks, Drew.
Bus is located in Troy, OH.

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2016, 15:09
RE: 1983 FC35 @ EBAY, Bids End 05-05-16
F.Y.I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8EDowTa9fI

This is a short video of the bus leaving MI for OH after 01/2016 EBAY sale.

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
05-05-2016, 21:59
RE: 1983 FC35 @ EBAY, Bidding Ended 05-05-16
This coach did not sell.
The Sellers reserve was not met.
Only one bidder bid, $29K.

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
05-07-2016, 10:51
So the video was a hoax? Just someone test driving it?

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
05-07-2016, 12:57
No, no hoax.
If you check the name of the poster for the video you'll see it is Drew.
Now if you check the name of the Seller (at the bottom of the EBAY item description-For Sale) it is also Drew.
In January 2016 the bus was sold by a different seller, who resides in Arizona (I had talked with him),....the bus was located in Holland, Michigan with 120K miles. It sold on EBAY for $40K.

It looks like Drew and a friend bought it, and drove it (the video) from Holland, MI to Troy, Ohio (apx. 300 miles) in January 2016...and
in the past 3 months drove it 3K miles and put a crease in the left side of the rear bumper before putting it back on EBAY...
where it didn't make the sellers' preset Reserve.

So, the sale did happen. It just looks like the new seller doesn't want/like the coach (and will have to try to sell it again...later).

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
08-15-2016, 13:47 (This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 02:35 by PhrankinPhoenix.)
RE: 1983 FC35 @ EBAY, Bids End 08-20-16
F.Y.I.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/15220481073...rmvSB=true
http://dayton.craigslist.org/rvs/5733234189.html

Same Coach, New Auction/Listing. ALSO on Craig's List on 08-14-16.

"I'm selling our vintage Wanderlodge only because of the blessing that our family is growing. This beautiful Wanderlodge is fully restored as shown in the video. It is in immaculate condition, especially considering it's age, and she turns heads and makes for great conversations with every trip! Our hope is that our bus becomes a great home away with many great road trips, weekends, and memories to come!

The list of specifics are as follows:

1. New 250 H.P. 3208 Cat Diesel (not a re manufactured) installed at Michigan Cat on December of 2015. (See more on this below).
2. New brakes and drums.
3. New air bags.
4. New shocks.
5. New brake reservoirs.......they may be called something else but they are the canistors by each wheel that activates the brakes.
6. Tires are Michelin and in good shape, mounted on Alcoa wheels.
7. New re corded radiator which has the swing out option installed.
8. New alternator.
9. 4:30 rear end. (This change makes this bus a legit coast to coast bus, cruise at 2400 rpm and that puts you at 70-71 mph, right in the sweet spot).
10. New microwave/convection oven thats never been used.
11. New house water pump.
12. New upholstery at dinette.
13. Custom wood work inside with a western theme. (All bedding and pillows stay. I removed the throw rugs, guns, wall art, they do not go with the bus. The gun rack was made to accommodate two model 94 Winchester rifles, it could very easily accommodate a different style or be easily removed).
14. New rebuilt generator head a few months ago.
15. New insulation in generator bay.
16. New batteries a little over a year ago.
17. New battery charger/inverter.
18. LED Lights.
19. New spot lights.
20. New brake control.
21. New belts and hose.
22. New engine water pump.
23. All LP furnaces have been gone thru and serviced and the 3 cruise air units work perfect.
24. New Kenwood bluetooth stereo system.
25. New Winegard in motion satelite doom.
26. New starter.
27. New headlight relay so lights are very bright.
28. 4 brand new batteries installed August 2016.

Everything works! The dash air is the only exception, but they never worked with Wanderlodge buses in general. The 3 cruise Air units work fantastic.

One item that could electively use attention is the back bumper. It has minor damage on a small area by the rear ladder where the chrome has flaked.

In regards to Item 1, the previous owner noticed that the old engine developed or had a coolant leak he was not aware of. After pulling the heads at Michigan Cat of Grand Rapids Michigan, it was determined the damage was too much and too risky to try and get a new set of head gaskets to seal. He found a 29k mile Cat 3208 250 H.P. at Frontier Truck Parts in Grand Rapids, Michigan which they removed from a 1990 Ford fire truck after the fire truck body suffered irreparable damage. Michigan Cat removed all of the mounting brackets from the old fire truck engine and put them on the new one and reinstalled. Before they installed it, he requested they lower the oil pan and replace all the main and rod bearings and place a new oil pan gasket. They also installed a new rear main seal as well some other seals that were very accessible while the engine was on the stand. The valve cover gaskets were replaced and the valve lash checked. There were no modifications done to the bus to install this engine, it is the exact same engine with the exception it is 7 years newer and a 250 H.P. version. The extra 25 H.P. comes from a larger intake manifold and a larger turbo. Again, this is not a re-manufactured engine, this is as close to getting a zero mile production engine you can get. It runs like a dream!

Respectfully, only serious inquires and bids from within USA. You are welcome to call me, Drew, at 740-525-8342 with any questions you may have.

Our 1983 Wanderlodge as shown in the video above is located near Dayton, Ohio. This bus is ready to drive, wherever the open road may take you!

Wanted to note about power steering because I had someone ask me about it. He had stated that the power steering pump in these old Wanderlodges would almost always have a noise to them while you were turning. This one is no exception. The hoses are fine, the fluid level is fine and no leaking, and it in no way affects the drivability of the coach. Please don't misunderstand, the noise is not present by any means at all times, mostly at low speeds when you are trying to turn, a lot of it I am sure due to the weight of the coach. I have been told there were two things that were never good on the Wanderlodges, the dash air, which I stated, and the power steering noise. Just wanting to be as honest as I can in this listing. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have concerning this issue.

Previous owner had invested over 100k in the preservation and restoration of this beautiful vintage BlueBird!"

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
08-21-2016, 13:27
RE: 1983 FC35 @ EBAY, Bids End 05-05-16 & 08-20-16
F.Y.I.

The reserve was met and this coach sold at auction for $38.1K.

There were 20 bidders, making 56 bids over 7 days.
There were 10 bids from $25K to the winning bid in the last 24 hours by just 3 bidders.

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)