Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
1983 FC35 @ EBAY, Bids End 05-05-16
04-29-2016, 13:00
1983 FC35 @ EBAY, Bids End 05-05-16
F.Y.I.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Bluebird-Wa...3641.l6368

This is the same bus (& exact same pictures - had 120K miles) that sold on EBAY From Holland, MI 01/2016 for $40K.

Lots of Pictures, Dk. Red, Gold & Grey. 123K Miles. Near Troy, OH.

This bus was fun to own and you will love it!!! I'm selling it because our family is expanding and we can no longer fit comfortably in the bus. This bus turns heads everywhere that it goes. The young to old always have something to say or ask about this beauty.
1. New 250 H.P. 3208 Cat Diesel (not a re manufactured) installed at Michigan Cat on December of 2015. Only 100 miles put on since install. (See more on this below).
2. New brakes and drums.
3. New air bags.
4. New shocks.
5. New brake reservoirs.......they may be called something else but they are the canistors by each wheel that activates the brakes.
6. Tires are michelin and in good shape, mounted on Alcoa wheels.
7. New re corded radiator which has the swing out option installed.
8. New alternator.
9. 4:30 rear end. (This change makes this bus a legit coast to coast bus, set the cruise at 2400 rpm and that puts you at 70-71 mph, right in the sweet spot).
10. New microwave/convection oven thats never been used.
11. New house water pump.
12. New upholstery at dinette.
13. Custom wood work inside with a western theme. (All bedding and pillows stay. I removed the throw rugs, guns, wall art, they do not go with the bus. The gun rack was made to accommodate two model 94 Winchester rifles, it could very easily accommodate a different style or be easily removed).
14. New rebuilt generator head a few months ago.
15. New insulation in generator bay.
16. New batteries a little over a year ago.
17. New battery charger/inverter.
18. LED Lights.
19. New spot lights.
20. New brake control.
21. New king cruise.
22. New belts and hose.
23. New engine water pump.
24. All LP furnaces have been gone thru and serviced and the 3 cruise air units work perfect.
25. New Kenwood bluetooth stereo system.
26. New Winegard in motion satelite doom.
27. New starter.
28. New headlight relay so lights are very bright.
Everything works! Dash air is only exception, they never worked. The 3 cruise air units work fantastic however.

One item that needs attention is the back bumper, since i had it, had a little damage to it, creased it to point that the chrome flaked off in the area; its by the ladder.

In regards to item 1, the previous owner noticed that the old engine developed or had a coolant leak he was not aware of and after pulling the heads at Michigan Cat of Grand Rapids Michigan it was determined the damage was too much and too risky to try and get a new set of head gaskets to seal. He found a 29k mile Cat 3208 250 H.P. at Frontier Truck Parts in Grand Rapids, Michigan which they removed from a 1990 Ford fire truck which was parked too close to a fire and the back end burnt. Michigan Cat removed all of the mounting brackets from the old engine and put them on the new one and reinstalled. Before they installed it he had them drop the oil pan and replace all the main and rod bearings and put a new oil pan gasket on, they installed a new rear main seal as well some other seals that were very accessible while the engine was on the stand, the valve cover gaskets were replaced and the valve lash checked. Again, this not re manufactured engine, this is as close to getting a zero mile production engine you can get........and it PURRRRRZZZ!! There were no modifications done to the bus to install this engine, it is the exact same engine with the exception it is 7 years newer and a 250 H.P. version. The extra 25 H.P. comes from a larger intake manifold and a larger turbo, everything else is the same.

This bus was fun to own and you will love it!!! I'm selling it because our family is expanding and we can no longer fit comfortably in the bus.
Any questions, please call me at 740-525-8342. Thanks, Drew.
Bus is located in Troy, OH.

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1983 FC35 @ EBAY, Bids End 05-05-16 - PhrankinPhoenix - 04-29-2016 13:00

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)