Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chassis heater plumbing in engine bay
03-01-2013, 23:23
RE: chassis heater plumbing in engine bay
I only have 2 metal "trays" attached to the walls. I will drill through the insulation to re-fasten those I think. Haven't gotten that far yet.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 23:58 (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 00:13 by davidbrady.)
Markus,

In a different thread: http://wanderlodgegurus.com/showthread.p...566#pid566 we're talking about adding instrumentation which brings me to the idea of heat sensors in the engine compartment for fire detection and protection. My LXi has three 350 deg F snap disc thermo-sensors mounted to the compartment ceiling and an alarm at the dash. Since you have it all apart I thought I'd mention this enhancement.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-03-2013, 09:34 (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 09:50 by davidbrady.)
For those interested, Markus asked me offline what the best way is to drill holes in the foil backed Polydamp Hydrophobic Melamine insulation (PHM). When I did my LXi I punched holes into the PHM using a selection of short length thin wall pipes. This method proved to be much better and faster than cutting with a blade and the holes were much cleaner. If necessary the cutting edge of the pipe can be sharpened with a round file. Place the PHM over a board and wack the pipe with a mallet. I had thin wall copper pipe on hand.

david brady,

03-03-2013, 22:12
Started replacing some chassis heater hose and one of the associated valves today. Bought a tool to make cutting the hose easier than slicing with a razor knife.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage
03-03-2013, 23:38
Lookin good Markus! Thanks!

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)