Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'97 Prevost XL, Two Slide
10-04-2015, 11:42
'97 Prevost XL, Two Slide
This thing is awesome, ebay item number: 121768574301.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 19:45
RE: '97 Prevost XL, Two Slide
what I do not like that they felt her so bad they do a 100% renovation . However , the engine has rust and we have no idea about any of the systems . would have been nice to see before and during photos . something just doesn't seem right here Smile

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
10-05-2015, 11:23
Hey Al,

Installing the generator into the engine compartment is a novel approach. I would think this would cut down on the towing tongue weight capabilities; that genny's gotta add a thousand pounds back there, all of it cantilevered off the end of the bus. But, we know 40' Prevost conversions are fond of mounting a 180 gal fresh water tanks under the stateroom bed. (I realize this coach is not a forty footer). That's even more weight hanging off the back. I like the coach. I too wonder who did the original conversion? I'd also like to see pics of the original interior, and I'd also like to make sure the title is clear and not salvage. I don't see a lot of money poured into the interior. It's mostly Villa furniture and fabric coverings, nor do I see any expensive or complex Crestron or low voltage control. Speaking of what I don't see: they really need to take some pics of the driver's side basement compartments. I'm very interested to see the beams Rogue put in place to add strength back into the chassis. Whatever they did it seems to be working! There very well may be a market for folks who wish to refurbish older conversions at an affordable retail price. Very nice!

david brady,

10-05-2015, 12:41 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 12:44 by cmillsap.)
There are some other negatives when locating the genset there. Altho it is in a hush box, it is under the bedroom. The hush box doesn't look too substantial and the running generator will drive you crazy trying to sleep in that bedroom.

Al, considering that the bus is in that wet Northwestern climate, the rust does not look too bad as far as I can see.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
10-05-2015, 21:02 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 21:06 by davidbrady.)
There are some original interior pics interspersed with lots of new pics over here. The coach was originally converted by Rogue. Mostly what's changed is furniture, fixtures (lighting and plumbing), flooring, ceiling treatment, and that fancy shmancy fireplace! And, of course all the cut glass backsplashes and accent wall. It works. Smile

david brady,

10-05-2015, 22:37 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 22:42 by Itchintogo.)
I get a kick out of all those West Jet planes behind the bus. The little airline from Calgary Alberta that has made lots of people wealthy! Now they are everywhere. They said there was no expense spared and besides what David pointed out I noticed the following. Why would you remove and chrome plate all the fixtures on the entry way but leave the shower stall and bathroom tap ( I mean geez it's a tap) brass. The bathroom cupboard has the hardware changed to chrome but nothing else. That tells me there is a budget. They spent on the main money makers like the floor and textures. Suede roof liner is very nice but if you like to cook....oooh that is going to hurt! Also given the interior update why did they not get rid of those horrendous mirrors on the ceiling? Maybe to save on the suede budget.

In the end it is a very nice coach and as David says it does work. I like and would spend time in it. With a few changes. But that is for every coach out there.

Maybe David can educate us on what the XL has for suspension ( front axle etc) to compare for value. Because what I see is that lots of 02 30 04 coaches are clipping the price range of this one. So what is the benefit or value? 50 or 75K might get you close to independent suspension and a host of other improvements. I have read the H3's handle much better than a XL. Not making and judgements here this one is one I would probably be content with. I just wonder about value.

Oh and by the way.... no one does Blu Ray anymore.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
10-05-2015, 23:32 (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 23:45 by travelite.)
I saw the brass fixtures in the bath area too. I thought I was looking at old pics of the original interior but no, they never got around to swapping out all the brass. The 1996 chassis year would be the first year for Prevost IFS, which would show up in a 1997 conversion given the typical 1 year conversion delay. This bus would have a 16500 lb IFS steer axle. This is one coach that really needs to be weighed before purchasing. Rogue probably put the genny in the back in an attempt to lighten the steer axle. Removing the salon carpeting and installing porcelain tile only aggravates the steer axle weight situation. This bus would also have the 470hp/1550ft-lb S60 and not a 500hp version that the ad says. I think 2001 was the first year for factory Prevost slides in their XLII chassis, so that would be the added appeal and justification for the exta $$$ you see in asking prices. The XLII also has the smooth, non-rivet, side panel look that many prefer. (tonight's my night for clumsy wording). Smile

david brady,

10-06-2015, 09:12
This bus really looks nice. I am amused and impressed with the picture of the chairs lined up outside. Had to be done with a laser! That kind of perfection is way beyond even me.

The commode is in a walk-through room, not the best of arrangements. That would be a show stopper for me. Otherwise, looks great.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)